Records

eaglescout526

As an aside...music has the 3rd highest level of brain activation after sex and food.  The Beatles White Album along with Beggars Banquet (totally new releases at that time (1968) got myself and a whole host of other draftees through Ft. Ord California waiting for postings at the height of the Viet Nam War.  Anticipating the onslaught is a unique perspective.  Music was a huge societal connector during that era and helped create an antidote or self realizing resource for those caught up in an otherwise chaotic era.  Sanity often got lost in the mix depending on where one landed....  The White album will always have enduring fondness and relevance for a great many alive and... :beerchug: at that time.      

Anyone have a reel to reel tape recorder or deck?

Beggars Banquet and Goats Head Soup among my favorites, especially the album cover artwork.

Eric Burdens song Sky Pilot

Turntables are still available,maybe not as good as the old ones though

I have Pioneer stereo equitpment, purchased through the BX in Japan in the 70s!

Dang. A reel-to-reel. I think that equipment is about as rare as a victrola. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such except for an old computer before. 

Modern turn tables on the cheap end are cheap for a reason, just like our cheap Jeep parts. But there are really stupid good turntables and really high mind bottling prices attached to them. And it’s not even a full set up either, just the turn table usually.  

You can get original decent vintage hardware at your local thrift store but most people won’t even bother restoring old tech like that. 

One of these days, I'm going to piece together a vintage stereo system. Always kinda wanted to get into that stuff, but never had the time, space or funds. I'm especially interested in the weird stuff - not all that surprising if you know me at all.

Not a record player, but still exactly my kind of weird. Start this one at 3:23 if it didn't work:

20 minutes ago, Minuit said:

One of these days, I'm going to piece together a vintage stereo system. Always kinda wanted to get into that stuff, but never had the time, space or funds.

Really? I thought you would’ve already had a set up with your love of the old AMC radios. 

Course if it’s not Jeep parts, it’s records is where the money is going. 

mine is an Akia deck,  radio stations used reel to reel in the olden days.  My receiver was replaced with the same model from Amazon, I also see adds on Craigslist for vintage stereos that have been reworked. ever heard of a reverbation amp, the jacks make a good place to plug in components?

Back on the original track, I have some 45s, 33s and cassettes from the 60s-70s-Motown eras plus some of the same music on cd.  They will be going into our moving sale or I may take them to one of the local vinyl stores for a lot price.

Love the music but don’t have any equipment to play it.