size 14 socks

Pete M

where do you guys with larger feet get your socks?  I used to get Hanes brand white ankle-height at Walmart (sz14-16 I think) but the last couple times I found that hanes was severely skimping on the amount of fabric in the socks.  :fistshake1: bastids.

I'll X2 the Kirkland brand at Costco.  I've got "regular" size feet (lol), can't say I've ever seen larger sizes, but if they have them I'd get them.  Almost every sock I own is Kirkland.  (as well as toilet paper, bacon, trash can liners, and a few other things except beer.  Trust me, don't get the beer......)

Do you have Tractor Supply or Farm and Fleet around there?  I find the farm style stores carry larger socks that are quite comfortable for a decent price.  However I wear boots all day so I can't really speak to their ankle height socks but they carry my size (15).

Fox River is a brand that I discovered recently and I like their socks quite a lot.  Very soft and breathe quite well.  I even have some of their ankle socks and they have a slightly thicker cushion on the back to protect from rubbing on the back of the shoe.

They are quite pricy though as they are made here in Iowa.

Don’t skimp on your socks, I did for years and my feet were a mess. I started wearing only wool socks about 4-5 years ago and my feet are in great shape with no more calluses or other troubles.

Everybody says they must be hot but I find that they aren’t any warmer than the flimsy Hanes socks I used to get at walmart.

They are expensive at $16-$23 a pair but they have lasted extremely well.

Made from Alpaca wool.

I have about 8-9 pair in rotation and the oldest ones look to have several years left on them.

I've had nice wool socks in the past and had a love-hate relationship with them.  The problem boils down to finding ankle socks in a size 14.  Even the XL hiking socks were barely big enough new and eventually shrunk a bit over time and I stopped wearing them. :( 

I'll have to check out costco.  :L: 

I got talked into some Icebreaker hiking socks recently. Merino wool, lots of different styles. They seem like decent socks, and even the heavy wool isn't too warm sitting around in work boots all day. Only trouble is they come in left and right, and if you put them on the wrong foot, it's noticeable. 

I've been spending a little more on socks lately. I'm not super convinced they're better for my feet or anything, I'm just sick of wearing out the cheap ones under the balls of my feet, or tearing the back of the heel out as I pull them on.