After market air-conditioner in your Comanche

13 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

You still have to mount a compressor and run hoses. 

Don't see the point in this.

Exactly.  Way easier to get the dash controls and evaporator from any XJ/MJ and go from there.

Whoever recommended that for a Comanche probably doesn't know what one is.  Honestly I think that's the one that's recommended for FSJs, I believe my buddy Rooney is using one in his...

16 minutes ago, tiltonb said:

I bought the entire system.  I didn't know the factory systems were available, so i bought one that was recommended for the Comanche.

Which engine do you have?

I would return what you have regardless.  It will be hack to install it.

2 hours ago, tiltonb said:

4.0 six

I'm assuming a Renix.  It's super easy to just go to the junkyard and get the majority of the parts.  Well, maybe, the 4.0 HO stuff is now much more common and it uses a different mounting bracket for the compressor.  I'd just get the HO bracket.  You can buy a new evaporator, condenser, and drier/accumulator for cheap off Rockauto or whatever, or roll the dice on used stuff working (the drier should not be reused either way).  Failing a junkyard, find somebody parting out an XJ, guys do it all the time because they can make a few bucks between parts and scrap, offer to buy the whole A/C, brackets, and dash out of it.

I've never swapped A/C in so I don't really know how different anything is in the HVAC system.  You may need the plenum that the evaporator goes in too along with the heater core, as I believe they're different part numbers..  One way or another the whole dash is basically coming out.  So better to get more parts than less and compare as you swap things over.

If you were local I could have just given you basically a whole setup from deleting it out of my trail XJ.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the system installed and charged.  Today was my first trip to work and back.  The temperature was 107 when I clocked out from work.  I had that sucker turned all the way up.  I'm sure glad it works. 

9 hours ago, tiltonb said:

I got the system installed and charged.  Today was my first trip to work and back.  The temperature was 107 when I clocked out from work.  I had that sucker turned all the way up.  I'm sure glad it works. 

:banana: