Painting Black on Taillight Bezels?

I did it as follows:

- Rough sided sponge (kinda like a Scotchbrite pad) to clean the lens really good.  This also acts like a fine sandpaper.

- Rinse and dry, then tape the insides.

- Rust-Oleum Bedliner because it's what I had but I'd recommend Rust-Oleum X2 paint+primer unless you want a slightly textured surface.  Wouldn't hurt to use a separate plastic primer first.

- Once dry, remove tape and do a couple coats of Rust-Oleum clear coat on the entire lens.

Turned out looking really good and I will be doing it again on my red truck.  Makes the lenses look brand new.

4 hours ago, Dzimm said:

I did it as follows:

- Rough sided sponge (kinda like a Scotchbrite pad) to clean the lens really good.  This also acts like a fine sandpaper.

- Rinse and dry, then tape the insides.

- Rust-Oleum Bedliner because it's what I had but I'd recommend Rust-Oleum X2 paint+primer unless you want a slightly textured surface.  Wouldn't hurt to use a separate plastic primer first.

- Once dry, remove tape and do a couple coats of Rust-Oleum clear coat on the entire lens.

Turned out looking really good and I will be doing it again on my red truck.  Makes the lenses look brand new.

Thanks, I’ll have to do this soon. I’ll post pics once it’s finished.

11 minutes ago, NEO auto said:

Thanks, I’ll have to do this soon. I’ll post pics once it’s finished.

Must be a tough life you have when you go looking for projects. :smile:

Most of us are neck-deep in so much S--- we'll never get done.