I found my truck's twin

thehomelesdepot

I was in negotiations with the owner a few years back when someone sniped me.  Good for them though.  That's the advantage of being there with a stack of ca$h.  I was six states away swapping email, texts and phone calls.  :brickwall:

The present owner popped up on facebook a while back.  I told them I probably have more pictures of the truck than they do!  I'm sure they "paid up".  I was prepared to because it was straight and clean, but it still had some needs.  Still, feast your eyes ...

87_008.jpg

87_011.jpg

IMG_1842.JPG

I have one I picked up this past week to part out. It’s a bit faded though! 86 XLS fully loaded chrome everything. Had a pretty good front end collision and the 2.8 in it is blown. It sat out in the woods for the last 15 years or so with a busted out windshield. Still has lots of good parts though!

F26C51D9-257A-4221-A5F2-C5C4B96BEC81.jpeg

1 hour ago, jeepdude89 said:

I have one I picked up this past week to part out. It’s a bit faded though! 86 XLS fully loaded chrome everything. Had a pretty good front end collision and the 2.8 in it is blown. It sat out in the woods for the last 15 years or so with a busted out windshield. Still has lots of good parts though!

F26C51D9-257A-4221-A5F2-C5C4B96BEC81.jpeg

It looks like someone put after market railings or short bed rails on a long bed. They do not come all the way up to the cab.

49 minutes ago, Wounded_Fighter said:

I thought the factory one a two-piece?

The factory did have metal skid plate options. The one in his pic was the earlier version. It's the 1 on the left in my picture. The one on the right is the later version. Both in the picture are long wheel base for comparison. I do not know how but I managed to find both of these within a week of each other recently. I have found only 3 and so far it's been all this year. I never had seen 1 in person until this year.IMG_20190308_133457_01.jpg.fe5ca357a54ee861c6c76a12fa13444c.jpg