Diesel Cherokee Wagoneer Holy Grail?

Dusty_Jeeper_60

TD Conversions supply multiple different adapters, you can get one for a 4.0L, chevy small block, Toyota, and so on. To make a VW work on a Willys t98 you need a VW adapter from them to make it work with a chevy small block bellhousing. Then you get a adapter through advance adapters to adapt a chevy small block bell housing to a T98 and voila. No one has a specific adapter to make the VW work with a T98 directly, so you have to get creative.

• 1 year later...

Figured Id post a update on this old girl, I pretty much have it finished other than just little odds and ends. As with most projects it took more time than I anticipated, luckily not more money than I was willing to spend. Most of the stuff took time such as removing the old wood vinyl wrap and then installing new vinyl wrap and trim. The pinstriping took alot of time too but was well worth it in the end. Little details always make things stand out so much better and I went through and pretty much replaced all of the chrome bits other than the rare 21 slot grille. I ended up putting some brand new rubicon JK rims on it which are dirt cheap right now. Everybody and their brother is practically giving them away; I ended up paying only $500 for a set of five wheels and tires which were brand new!  I also ended up putting on Napier fender flares which I highly recommend and are of good quality, especially with how expensive bushwhackers are. I'm probably going to end up selling it by the end of the year as I am not a big cherokee fan, but I couldn't let this one just sit and rot away any more than it already had and I want it to go to someone that will actually take care of it. 

Aw ya the stock rims ended up being kind of a major bummer, I went in to get new tires and it turns out that one of them was cracked.... And finding a replacement wagoneer rim turned out to be impossible.... The worst part was I had them completely polished and they looked sweet before I found out one was cracked.