Two PCV valve kits - hose to air filter box

Hello,

I'm searching autozone and advance auto farts for two PCV valve kits, including a hose that goes to the air intake (filter) box, but can't find anything. Is there a code, or do I need to search for a Cherokee? Spent 12 hours yesterday doing a tune-up and found that my PCV valves are busted, plus the hose that runs to the air intake was crushed somehow. Thanks, gentlemen! 

Hello,

I'm searching autozone and advance auto farts for two PCV valve kits, including a hose that goes to the air intake (filter) box, but can't find anything. Is there a code, or do I need to search for a Cherokee? Spent 12 hours yesterday doing a tune-up and found that my PCV valves are busted, plus the hose that runs to the air intake was crushed somehow. Thanks, gentlemen! 
Front elbow is just an elbow. I believe I used 1/2 inch hose there. Rear is a fixed orifice as opposed to a traditional cob valve. Sometimes these can be cleaned and reused...

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

What year and what engine? If you have a 4.0L engine, there is no PCV valve.

It's a 91 with 4.0. 

What would be those two valves sitting on top of the cylinder head? I'm getting a boatload of oil leaking into my air intake, the filter soaked in 10w/30. And those two valves look suspect. Does it make sense what I'm describing?

e436a106ad68371310ba05076421bd6e.jpg

^^^Yea that.

Front one is elbow for filtered fresh air in. Back one is elbow w/orifice for fumes out to intake manifold. This is the direction for flow. When lose of manifold vacuum or plugged orifice, flow reverses and fumes end up in air box.

^^^Yea that.
Front one is elbow for filtered fresh air in. Back one is elbow w/orifice for fumes out to intake manifold. This is the direction for flow. When lose of manifold vacuum or plugged orifice, flow reverses and fumes end up in air box.
Thanks. Looking at Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone they're not even finding the CCV. On Saturday both of their databases let me down with the correct part for the truck. Are there OE#s? How do I make sure I get the correct parts

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks! Found a really good guide on how to do this. Unfortunately, it's Michigan and I don't have a garage, hence a fear of my jittery fingers letting a piece of CCV drop inside the valve cover. Hunting for a garage to work in at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Pull them both out of the valve cover grommets and make sure they aren't clogged, especially the CCV ( Crankcase Vent) with the small orifice in it. Also check the hose to the air cleaner.

@HOrnbrod - Watching this video, I realized that my  '91 2.5L is maybe setup incorrectly?  I see in your Autozone link that the rear port is the fresh air inlet.  Mine has a "twist in" fitting with no grommet or anything rubberized at all to secure it in place.  Should I look at buying a grommet + push in fitting?  Or is mine okay?

Renix and HOs had different grommets and valve cover gaskets. And yes, sounds like you're missing some parts. You have a 2.5, so I don't know. These 2.5 diagrams from the 91 parts manual should help you find out what's wrong and/or missing.

image.jpeg.4246e8bc2bf98e40f85d8b5fc461b077.jpeg

image.jpeg.ce98368d044ab982594c4d3716e5fc1e.jpeg

I believe the valve cover is a 93-95 Grand Cherokee.  The newer valve cover grommets hand CCV stuff should work. I have done two of them. Installed one in a '98 XJ. The rear is a CCV, the other is a just an elbow if I remember correctly. You can use a latter CCV tube on the rear 97+. You would need to use the 97+ plus fitting in the intake manifold. The tube is larger. It might help your Blowby or oil getting into the air filter. Also, Cruiser's tip on modifying the tubes or shields in the valve cover. Also, check out FelPro's valve cover gasket. I think its $35 or so. In my experience, blowby can be a leak at the valve cover gasket. Also, the Chrysler gray (??) RTV has its fans.