Aug 2018 Swampy's 88 Girlfriend????

This month we veer back onto a bit more traditional path for the MJotM...  A truck that has some fairly significant work and modifications on it.   It's Swampy's 1988 base model, he affectionately calls Wendy.   I guess given the old adage it might be appropriate....

Swampy's 88

98DEy6u.jpg

build thread:  https://comancheclub.com/topic/53661-wendy-88-jeep-comanche-build/

YEAR/MODEL
1988 Base, came 2.5l and 4spd
ENGINE/PERFORMANCE ●
2.5l 4banger
DRIVETRAIN ●
Ax15 trans/np231 tcase

D30 front and C8.25 rear

3.55 gears front and rear (for now)
COOLING ●
New stock-style radiator, going to be getting an electric pusher fan added soon
ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ●
All stock wiring, with new distributer, plugs and cables
SUSPENSION/STEERING ●

Front:

-4.5" Rusty's Offroad coils w/ 1.5" coil spacers

-Rough country quick disconnect swaybar endlinks

-Adjustable trackbar

-Adjustable upper control arms (Cav-fab stage 1)

-adjustable lower control arms (Rusty's Offroad)

Rear:

Soa lift w/ 2wd leaves and stock shackles
INTERIOR ●
Swapped MJ bench brackets onto xj bucket seats and xj center counsel 
BRAKES ●

Stock style master/brake booster

Front brakes are stock componets with extended lines

Rear brakes have been swapped from the stock C8.25 drums to KJ 8.25 disc brakes w/ extended lines
LIGHTING ●

All stock, upgrades are in the near future

EXTERIOR ●
Painted Predator Green from Monstaliner
WHEELS/TIRES ●
American Racing 15x8 outlaw ii wheels with 36x12.5x15 super swamper tsl's
MISCELLANEOUS ●
Still have lots to do, this build is not done by any means, but this is a start
Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ●
So far my best MJ story has to be the first time I drove it. I got my MJ with a bad internal slave and was never able to drive it. I parked it in the backyard and the build began. 9 months into the build, finished the ax15 swap, got the driveshafts cut to the right lengths, and with a fresh battery I cranked over the MJ. She fired up and when I pushed the clutch pedal in, put it in first and releasig the clutch the jeep started to move, I felt a such a rush of excitment knowing my hardwork paid off.
CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So? ●

CC is awesome because I previously had very little knowledge about jeeps in general much less comanches. The learning curve was steep but all the information on this site helped tremendously. I am still learning and hoping I can contribute just like so many other members

RZ0UG6z.jpg

xwfNhpu.jpg

• whowey unfeatured this topic

I prefer my truck to look "stockish" with flares and a bed.  now, I'll trim or move or maybe even go with aftermarket flares to fit bigger tires, but I like to stay as close to the factory proportions as I can.  :L:   but it's all just personal opinion.  your truck should look the way you want it.  :grinyes:

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

I prefer my truck to look "stockish" with flares and a bed.  now, I'll trim or move or maybe even go with aftermarket flares to fit bigger tires, but I like to stay as close to the factory proportions as I can.  :L:   but it's all just personal opinion.  your truck should look the way you want it.  :grinyes:

I know. I like the stock flare look too but I want wanted to protect the body a bit. just keep going back and forth on whether or not to run the flares

• 1 month later...

Sweet truck Swampy! Wendy has a great stance and seems like 6" of lift was perfect for the 36s. Do you get any rub?

Is there a build thread? I'm interested about the seat swap to buckets using the bench brackets. I'm torn with mine, i have a perfectly good bench in great shape but for some reason, I'm really drawn to the buckets!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, rosco11 said:

Sweet truck Swampy! Wendy has a great stance and seems like 6" of lift was perfect for the 36s. Do you get any rub?

Is there a build thread? I'm interested about the seat swap to buckets using the bench brackets. I'm torn with mine, i have a perfectly good bench in great shape but for some reason, I'm really drawn to the buckets!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pete linked my build thread, no rub so far with the 36s, I haven't had the chance to flex it out properly hoping to do that soon. If do decide to swap the bench to buckets, there is a nice write up in the DIY section

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 8:57 PM, MiNi Beast said:

so question is do you have a fully charge fire extinguisher at the ready? :nuts:

Yes I do. trying to figure out wear to mount it permanently, but currently it sits between the driver door and the seat.