1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator SB 4.0 Auto 4x4 $7500 (Michigan)

robinsonpowerstroke

1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator, short bed, 4.0L, Auto Trans, EFI, Runs & drives great, ~122k miles, no check engine lights, doors & tailgate are solid, toolbox, slide in bed liner, tires ~25%, newer shocks, seats look brand new, no chips or peeling in paint, no dash cracks, pristine condition, located in 48723, message for more information & I will provide a phone number, need to sell soon, REDUCED: $7,500 OBO, additional pictures located at: http://s486.photobucket.com/user/robinsonpowerstroke/library/1990 Jeep Comanche

IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_7877.JPG

48 minutes ago, robinsonpowerstroke said:

Bump for thoughts on pricing?

Since you asked...   the price seems high to me.

This appears to be the 7th most expensive MJ listed for sale in the country on craigslist right now, and it's neither restored nor all original.   It's a very nice truck, but: Renix motor, CAD axle, tube bumper, missing Eliminator wheels, Chinese tires, and miscellaneous lift with LCA drop brackets put a ceiling on your value. 

Pricing depends on how motivated you are to sell it.  List it for $9,000 and be willing to talk to anyone offering 8k or better.

5 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Renix motor,

Don’t let it get to you, some folks prefer the Renix ignition system... others are haters.  

Nice truck, good luck with sale. Don’t take less than $7,500. You are located in the rust belt and a truck this nice already there is worth at least that as a bottom dollar. 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, robinsonpowerstroke said:

Bump for thoughts on pricing? 

You're listing the MJ among experts.  They'll be (constructively) critical, while recognizing the value. 

I'm NOT an expert, but I recently purchased a similar truck (not an Eliminator) remotely for considerably less, shipping included.  From a purely consumer point of view, my first thought was that you'd sit on it forever with a $10K ask … current asking price is not much better.  

I would agree with 500 MJ to not take less than $7500 if you can wait, but take it if it's offered.       

Yes, you have a very nice truck. 

I watch prices closely. Based on others......and from a distance...........

$7500 is the value. 

Prices are up, inventory is down, and MJs are in demand, however..........if you are willing to hold for 2-3 years? that's what it will take to see $9-10K.

Let us know what it sells for. 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:18 AM, robinsonpowerstroke said:

Sounds good. Thank you for the input. Do not know about the paint since I am just selling for my cousin. 

If you can't tell if it's original paint, bring it to someone who can. Especially since the truck is from the rest belt. For what is being asked for this truck, answering "selling for my cousin" doesn't fly. And I'm not blaming you since you're selling for a family member, but it sounds like the load has been dumped on you mate. Are you advertising locally and maybe on Ebay to further the exposure? The truck might be worth the price, but an in-depth eyeball inspection will be required, unless you net a tuna. Good luck, sometimes it happens.  :beerchug:

As someone who looks daily for Comanches and lives in Michigan. Comanches in very similar condition seem to sell for $6500-$7500 after sitting awhile on Craigslist. You can see on the rocker panel where the rust is starting to bubble up so the $9000 asking price is pretty high. More than likely it had rocker rust and was repaired/repainted. Personally I think it'll be a hard sell because most people who would spend that much want something lifted with big tires and extras. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for you to find a buyer looks like a very nice Comanche with all the good options! Just my opinion. to the right buyer sky's the limit for the price but it sounds like you want a relatively quick sale. 

Alright, I guess I have to be that guy. After studying the pics in a little more detail, I don't see more than 3500 to an informed buyer. Bottom line: it's a rust bucket. No amount of paint is gonna cover that up. A $9k MJ better be free of anything but surface rust anywhere.

First and foremost, I see a driver side floor pan that looks to be in very rough shape. I also see significant bubbling on the driver side rocker panel. The pinch seam looks pretty nasty too. Any rust you see on the outside is 10 times worse on the inside. I would guess that the truck has been repainted, possibly after some rust repair. The Comanche badges are in the wrong place. There is a correct place for those, otherwise the truck looks wrong, and this is such a frequent mistake that you can often tell if the truck has been painted by it. Seeing stuff like that would make me very tempted to run a magnet around the lower perimeter of the truck.

Aftermarket wheels take away from the value as well.

I see control arm drop brackets, which indicates a lift and lowers the value to purist curmudgeons like myself. I don't really want to buy someone else's lifted truck, but if so it better be well sorted out. It better be aligned correctly and not get anything even approaching death wobble.

Bonus points for the bed liner and toolbox, as long as the bed is clean and unmolested underneath. More bonus points for a complete, clean, and unmolested interior.

1 hour ago, Minuit said:

Alright, I guess I have to be that guy. After studying the pics in a little more detail, I don't see more than 3500 to an informed buyer. Bottom line: it's a rust bucket. No amount of paint is gonna cover that up. A $9k MJ better be free of anything but surface rust anywhere.

First and foremost, I see a driver side floor pan that looks to be in very rough shape. I also see significant bubbling on the driver side rocker panel. The pinch seam looks pretty nasty too. Any rust you see on the outside is 10 times worse on the inside. I would guess that the truck has been repainted, possibly after some rust repair. The Comanche badges are in the wrong place. There is a correct place for those, otherwise the truck looks wrong, and this is such a frequent mistake that you can often tell if the truck has been painted by it. Seeing stuff like that would make me very tempted to run a magnet around the lower perimeter of the truck.

Aftermarket wheels take away from the value as well.

I see control arm drop brackets, which indicates a lift and lowers the value to purist curmudgeons like myself. I don't really want to buy someone else's lifted truck, but if so it better be well sorted out. It better be aligned correctly and not get anything even approaching death wobble.

Bonus points for the bed liner and toolbox, as long as the bed is clean and unmolested underneath. More bonus points for a complete, clean, and unmolested interior.

I didn't go to the photosucket link. 

Wow, you're right. 

I wish I could have more info for you guys on it here. I was simply asked to sell if for my cousin since her father passed away. It was her fathers so I have no history. I am into TJs not MJs so I was simply asking for ideas on pricing, wasn't asking to get critiqued on my lack of knowledge. I have no idea if it has been painted or lifted. I have lots of reciepts but I have not looked through all of them. All I know is that it runs and drives great up to 60 mph. Yes the drivers floor board needs attention and the pinch weld is starting to show signs. Other than that, there isn't a dent or scratch in it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived