Factory Dually??

Pete M

The only thing I know about the dieseil MJ's is that they use a renault 2.1 Litre engine I have heard it is a POS from some folks, There was one on Ebay that sold for $200.00 in not running condition.

I believe someone on the Comanche yahoo group bought it some time back.

Damnit!!! Why are all the cool ones, thousands of mils away.

Its always 'half-way to nowhere' for me.

IRC, the Renault diesel used in the MJ, is the same one that was in the Cherokee. Yes, it was a 2.1L. But, Winnebago used them in the Lesharo Motorhome. It was oversized van size. There still are lots of parts available for them.

I says it's not factory. Look at the wheels they have adaptors on them. It has the stock 5 lug pattern then they go to the bigger pattern. As for axles i say it's D30 and a rear D44. Also look at the spare wheel it's a regular wheel. I dunno i could be wrong. :?:

The fact that the wheels have adapters or that the leafs are different, doesn't necessarily negate that it was made by Jeep. I doubt that the kit was installed on the line, but it certainly could have been an outside job. There's just too much we don't know about the early years.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Hmmm ...

Listing cancelled. Wasn't this the guy who said not to bother asking to "buy it now" because he follows all e-Bay rules? I wonder what happened?

I'm betting it wasn't factory. I've never heard of the factory producing any duallies. Could have been a styling studio prototype, but the add-on wheel wells were not integrated with the style of the truck and I cannot imagine the factory having produced something that looked so obviously home-made.