Mystery connector plugs

Hi guys, been doing Cruiser54's Renix steps and I've found a couple of disconnected harness connector plugs. Can't find their female counterparts and I was hoping someone could tell me what components they belong to.

First one is a blue plug that's part of a large harness cluster in the left side of my engine bay. Pictured below along with its junction in the loom covering.

IMG_0764.JPG.b8a2023dc6d2a07d013c511a37e7c058.JPGIMG_0765.JPG.9111b89115a00a8c8801c6dda0767b4d.JPGIMG_0766.JPG.71017091912da5916263c2d913abd47d.JPG

The second is a red plug that is visible through the front grille just in front of the lowest part of the radiator. Picture below:

IMG_0768.JPG.a191318ee7b3ea4d3ae7ae40bd0f0052.JPG

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info or photos.

not sure what those particular ones are for, but you'll find extra connectors all over the truck.  Jeep tried to reduce the number of different harnesses they were making and so you'll have plugs for things that just don't exist.  :L:  

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat with both of those connectors! The blue one has a extra long connection that looks like it should stretch to the other side of the engine bay. Any insights on what this is? I do realize it may not go to anything but wanted to check in and be sure.

Blue Two Pin.jpg

2 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Did the factory fog light harness have connectors at the lights?

Yeah, 2-pin Weatherpack connectors. The lights have the male connector though. (and those aren't Weatherpack connectors in his pic)

• 9 months later...

The one next to the clutch master is a second plug to the washer bottle.  It's a hold over from XJs.  It would power a pump to the rear window washer.

The single red wire above the blower would power a under hood light, if you have/had one.

18 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

The one next to the clutch master is a second plug to the washer bottle.  It's a hold over from XJs.  It would power a pump to the rear window washer.

The single red wire above the blower would power a under hood light, if you have/had one.

Thank for the info, I have a 96 xj underhood light that I may try and rig up to the old connector