On 4/26/2018 at 8:38 AM, coolwind57 said:

Mine with MonstaLiner WWII Olive Drab.  Zero regrets.

monsta.jpg.c6aa31654a50953aec6c9553bb55177f.jpgmonsta1.jpg.f4541e16a1afcba52d28c4a38118ef66.jpgmonsta2.jpg.b284f3ae96bd0038d4634939853a9dee.jpgMonsta3.thumb.jpg.468939f4ded38ef2034557700af86249.jpg

Plain badazz this here!

Ima monstaline the MJ eventually as well and I totally agree that this ain't for everyone and wish people would quit bashing on others' choices...

One of my XJs came monstalined already and I quickly realized that I love liner covered surfaces...monstaline the world! XD

7 hours ago, Pete M said:

spoken like a true southerner that hasn't had to deal with rot behind said liner. :D 

7 hours ago, zomeizter said:

Plain badazz this here!

Ima monstaline the MJ eventually as well and I totally agree that this ain't for everyone and wish people would quit bashing on others' choices...

One of my XJs came monstalined already and I quickly realized that I love liner covered surfaces...monstaline the world! XD

Five years and still no regrets.  There is one 3" spot that needs a repair where the liner had bubbled up on the hood.  A few small chips here and there around the tailgate and bed edges--expected. My truck has sat outside for these five years in Indiana Summers and Winters and I've never once washed it.  I would have expected paint to degrade in these conditions too.  I've never been afraid to drive it into the woods and thickets to pickup up firewood.  Branches scratch paint.  Not Monstaliner.  This is a work/utility truck for me.  

I'd be interested to see photos of it's destruction and details on said application prep. 

All I know is that it works for me and I have zero regrets.

what I'm saying is that our trucks rot from the inside-out. :(  especially northern rigs.  I bed-lined my rockers many moons ago and the steel behind the plastic is literally gone now.  rotted away to dust.  the plastic is still there though. :D   just don't touch it and you might never know.  :laugh: 

On 10/9/2023 at 8:20 AM, Pete M said:

spoken like a true southerner that hasn't had to deal with rot behind said liner. :D 

On 10/9/2023 at 4:02 PM, Pete M said:

what I'm saying is that our trucks rot from the inside-out. :(  especially northern rigs.  I bed-lined my rockers many moons ago and the steel behind the plastic is literally gone now.  rotted away to dust.  the plastic is still there though. :D   just don't touch it and you might never know.  :laugh: 

I hear ya man, that road salt is no joke for any vehicle, I know it first hand since my wife is from Cleveland OH and go there sorta often. One of my XJs came from there, bought it for dirt but is rotted badly, I thought I'd use it to do a 97+ upgrade on the MJ but I'm thinking about tackling the rust on it and restoring it, still unsure...

Hey @Pete M, so if one does not drive during black ice season up north, is one able to keep the "cancer" off a vehicle? I'm sure there are also some sort of coating one can apply to the undercarriage too right? What do you do to prevent this cancer?

Edited by zomeizter
grammar

8 minutes ago, zomeizter said:

Hey @Pete M, so if one does not drive during black ice season up north, is one able to keep the "cancer" off a vehicle? I'm sure there are also some sort of coating one can apply to the undercarriage too right? What do you do to prevent this cancer?

It will slow the process but our climate is not steel friendly. Coatings exist but nothing is fool proof other than garage kept except for the nicest summer days.