87 build from VA

Found a set of super dirty 94 XJ bucket seats at the junkyard for $35 and cleaned them up. They didnt clean up great, but good enough to have some nice $20 autozone covers on them lol... before and after pics. the seats are installed in the truck, but just by using 2 bolts per seat I put thru the floor board. When my dad gets his 88 MJ out of our garage (motor swap) ill hopefully get these mounted correctly using the MJ bench brackets

9B2CFD0B-CE91-4BD0-9648-C2E864CF6F44.jpeg

3A90F460-C565-4FF0-90DA-87C8841F3142.jpeg

purchased this Havis PPV console system and lockbox yesterday to put between the bucket seats. I really hope this works out because i think I will be the first to document using this setup. I will post more pics when they come in a month or so (20day production lead time). 

D8B17D2A-FDA3-4A05-BBBC-E7A9083EF31F.jpeg

8E0253EC-C387-4431-A164-839B91689202.jpeg

Found a set of super dirty 94 XJ bucket seats at the junkyard for $35 and cleaned them up. They didnt clean up great, but good enough to have some nice $20 autozone covers on them lol... before and after pics
9B2CFD0B-CE91-4BD0-9648-C2E864CF6F44.jpeg.a712648c3e2597bc19e856ab95c7958e.jpeg
3A90F460-C565-4FF0-90DA-87C8841F3142.jpeg.a1672585a71af0cf989a50540838048a.jpeg

Truck looks great really like what you doing with it. Got a tip for you on those seats. Search the junkyards for the same seat obviously. Paul the skins off the passenger seat. Pretty sure they can go on the driver seat. You could even pull good foam off the passenger seat and reattach it to the driver seat if you’d like. Passenger seat usually in a lot better condition. That’s what I do and it’s working out pretty good. If you have a hole for the seat adjustment in the wrong Side of the skin pull the little plastic round piece that covers the seatbelt screws. I’m talking where they attach to the side of the drive shaft hump. For the life of me I can’t think of the proper name for that. But that little round plastic piece can be used to cover any holes in the side of the seat. Just super glue it down the road however you want.If you’re not too particular about and all stock look that works. Truck is good glad you saved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice project.

On the seats the Covers and cushions I believe are the same but there’s a adjuster that’s unique to left and right.
If this doesn’t bother you, just unbolt the seat mounting bracket and swap sides if you need too. Took a lot of searching to find set of good seats for my old 85 XJ. Most drivers seats are worn out or water damaged from either the seals not working correctly or the door glass missing.

Personally I really like the 84-94 XJ buckets seats with head rest, not too sure about the later jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ya keep eye on the yards innovatory list online. The seat skins only cost 6-8 bucks. It an easy way to freshen up an interior but you have to keep an eye out for them and be ready to jump on it ASAP. That’s how the game work when hunting up part for these great old trucks. It’s actually something I really enjoy. It’s like a treasure hunt. I recently found a Lund in KAnsas City Missouri for 70 buck. Got it just by chance. Now I have to decide which car to put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, NKCrider said:

well, I'm tossing around the idea of doing a 4x4 swap. I can get the trans, tcase, axle, shifter, linkage, and both driveshafts for $500... is this a good price?

What kind of trans? Mileage?

• 6 months later...

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but any ideas as to why the front turn signals stop working? Id like to drop in an LED set also if somebody as a suggestion? I'm already LED headlights and the Rustys LED buckets for the tails... I don't see any offered but I may try to retrofit in a GM set into the jeep housings

26 minutes ago, NKCrider said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but any ideas as to why the front turn signals stop working? Id like to drop in an LED set also if somebody as a suggestion? I'm already LED headlights and the Rustys LED buckets for the tails... I don't see any offered but I may try to retrofit in a GM set into the jeep housings

Ground tab on the socket rots off