!!!Crew Cab Comanche!!!

ridenlow12

seen it before in pics, wouldn't mind getting close to see how they did it...but i agree that it's too long. i'm kicking around doing something like that with my long bed and the parts xj i have, except chopping some of the bed off the front. i'd still have a bit of bed that would probably suit me fine, but i'd also get 3 more seats, which will probably come in handy in a few years...

there was a long bed chopped in the front with a cap dropped in like i was talking about on ebay a few months back. i've seen pictures of all sorts of combos, and that's still the one i like the most. it was red, and it had a lift and larger tires. i have pics on my home computer, i'll throw em up later.

can't find quite what i was looking for, but here's another one i found

n152000533_30326994_4267.jpg

Exactly how I would build one, but maybe about 2" more in front of the rear wheels for the bed. That one looks GOOD.

it's a piece. at least re-do the door to cover the old wheel-well spot....

it's a piece. at least re-do the door to cover the old wheel-well spot....

didnt the guy want like 12k and it still needed a ton of work. i thought it was cool when i first saw it, then i saw it on ebay and it looked like crap especially since he just threw in an xj rear door.

i don't remember it needing more work, and the door does seem a bit unfinished, but still not bad. give a good idea of some proportions at least. it would be hard to make the bed any longer in front and keep full rear doors. could always chop and make them shorter, but then, there's already not much room for legs in the back of an xj, and i can't imagine there's much more room in that truck.

i say a good mix is in the middle of the original pic and the halfassed one a few posts aboue

the first one is Waaaaaay to long, and the second one is a bit too short for all the effort.

it would need a littlle more room in the cab behind the rear seats, but the super short bed like that, so only adding about 6'' to the length of the second one, and then fixing the rear door to make it look good.

If I remember right, the red one a few posts up, the truck was a Long Bed and kept the rear wheels in exactly the same spot and grafted in the rear doors. I like that truck a lot, if I were to build it I'd prolly ad 6" in front of the wheels wells.

And I personally don't care about the rear door being stock, I still think it looks really good. A full door would be optimal, but that would be a lot more work. The Cab of the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG one looked really good though...minus the damn visor...

If I remember right, the red one a few posts up, the truck was a Long Bed and kept the rear wheels in exactly the same spot and grafted in the rear doors. I like that truck a lot, if I were to build it I'd prolly ad 6" in front of the wheels wells.

And I personally don't care about the rear door being stock, I still think it looks really good. A full door would be optimal, but that would be a lot more work. The Cab of the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG one looked really good though...minus the damn visor...

...unless they bobbed the bed, it is a cherokee with a comanche back half...longbed beds are longer in the rear.

this one had originally been a comanche, the bed is bobbed.

well that settles it. tatersalad ain't leaving, and I'm thinking it needs a LS1 :brows: like the one I can get for $500 (complete 97 camaro 100,000 miles) running and driving.

hmm...

and I'm gettin a free cherokee body here soon....

guys, I hate to say it, but I think I have another project coming this winter...wait, I love to say that!