How many have seen or own a Jeep Comanche 1985 launch Coin?

Kjdrew35000

I have researched and research, both gold with the number stamp and the bronze without the number stamp were given out during the launch but I still can't find any info on why there were 2 different colors and why one is numbered and the other is not. I have gold ones and bronze ones. So little information on these.

I have one of each, my gold one is number 0085. My assumption is the gold ones were given to management and the bronze to workers? Wish I knew how many there were.

Hard to photograph a night!!!

(Yes I have them vacuum packed)

nice, well I have 6 bronze and a lot of gold ones, bought a box of them in a garage sale. That is what I was thinking also that it had something to do with employees and management.

Well I did find this in the Toledo blade, in 1983 there were 5400 employees and in 1987 there were 5500 employees at the Toledo plant. But in 1985 they laid off over 1000 employees. So I would say it's safe to say that there were no more than 5500 made for the employees. If the gold ones were for management only there would be a smaller amount of those. I got from a good source that Chrysler would have only have made enough coins for the amount of workers for that year.

I got from a good source that Chrysler would have only have made enough coins for the amount of workers for that year.

I hope you're source meant AMC and not Chrysler, as Chrysler didn't buy AMC until 87. Are you sure these were given away at the factory? Usually items like these were given to the dealers.

I got from a good source that Chrysler would have only have made enough coins for the amount of workers for that year.

I hope you're source meant AMC and not Chrysler, as Chrysler didn't buy AMC until 87. Are you sure these were given away at the factory? Usually items like these were given to the dealers.

Sorry meant AMC, just so used to saying and typing Chrysler lol, He said he did acquirer these right from the plant before the transition between AMC and Chrysler and he don't exactly know who or what the gold ones were made for. You could be right these could have been for a dealer, or as fiatslug87 said maybe for management, I truly don't know. There is no information that I can find that talks about these. IF ANYONE DOES FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THESE PLEASE SHARE.

I found some more info on the gold coins, another person was trying to sell one on eBay in 2013, they said in the description that they were only given out to AMC/JEEP EXECUTIVES only. I messaged this person to see if I could get more info and if they had anything that showed that's what these coins were for. I will update if the contact me back.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/19/2017 at 10:44 PM, fiatslug87 said:

I have one of each, my gold one is number 0085. My assumption is the gold ones were given to management and the bronze to workers? Wish I knew how many there were.

/uploads/archive/2753f54673db6549d6bbdfeff34c3328/e36362344d2c240485caf8b92c4bbcb7.jpg

Hard to photograph a night!!!

(Yes I have them vacuum packed)

Would anyone in this group be willing to sell me one? I am interested in getting one of each.

So it looks like this only came out in 85 correct?

I am a big coin collector and now that I am building a Jeep it's like it was meant to be. My family already knows I'm crazy

9 hours ago, McDougal said:

Would anyone in this group be willing to sell me one? I am interested in getting one of each.

So it looks like this only came out in 85 correct?

I am a big coin collector and now that I am building a Jeep it's like it was meant to be. My family already knows I'm crazy

there's one on ebay:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adverting-Souvenir-Token-of-Jeep-Comanche-dated-July-1-1985-16393C/114572677477?hash=item1aad105165%3Ag%3AydAAAOSwxF5f1Ew5&LH_ItemCondition=10|4