I feel dumb

the're from a jeep, I have one waiting to go into mine, if I remember correctly just pull gently down on the black part and it should all come out as one. They are however a b*@$£ to put back in, that's what I remember the most.

Yes hornbrod it is in my MJ, i think it came out of an XJ and the previous owner cut it down length wise so it would fit in the comanche. I hated it when I first got the truck but it's sort of growing on me... 846b894160c82f815de6b617eea11ed0.jpg0d00f3172af5181c9bf7f63572fc78fc.jpg30a04bd449a952873c4445f524a99174.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wiggilez I tried pulling down on them and I don't feel like that's not right, I was pulling so hard I was afraid the console was going to pull off the headliner... it sort of feels like it has a spring or something holding it in there

On my '98 XJ, you have to slip it forward or back. I think forward. I think there are two large headed studs that it is slotted to. Hope that makes sense. I plan of doing this to my MJ. If not factory, someone did a VG job.

Was this a factory option for the MJ? I'm almost positive that mine isn't factory because of some of the janky things that were done to it like this for instance...................

No, XJs only.

Thats what I thought... the MJ came with a dome light right?

And do you know what these little things are called 25dcf729067b31af3876092b5240e66b.jpg

I'm missing a few of them and want to try and get my hands on some

MJs only came with the B-pillar lights, no dome light in the headliner. That XJ console was cut down to fit the MJ's shorter roof. When I did mine, I blocked off the end you have your hand in with some plastic, I also shaved the part that contacts the headliner so it would not stick down as much at the back.

Edit: How many of those plugs do you need, I think i have a few in gray.

Edited by fiatslug87

I only have 2, but I figured I'd replace all of them because the 2 I have fit sort of loose. I was wondering if there was somewhere online that sold them or if I needed to go rummage for them at the JY