more Renix to H.O. swap questions

toast

Hello all,

I'm new to the comanche world, but I have destroyed a few HO xj's in my day...I picked up a 2wd 89' with a junk 4 cyl, 5 speed  I'm looking to go 4wd AW4 HO, and was wondering if there is any HO years that would ease my work load going 4wd, auto, and HO.   There seems to be quite a few more donor options for 97+.   I presume the guage cluster won't work, but will it with any HO motor/trans?

Another question, is any of this renix stuff worth saving/selling?  What about the topper?  I have no use for it.  The motor actually runs quite well, but its knocking.  Thanks in advance!

Man! That's beautiful!  I always loved that shade blue.

I don't see any rust on it.  Has it always been in MN?

That's an original bumper, too.

Spent it's life in owatonna. I will be installing a custom bumper/hitch unit. Is this stocker worth anything?

91-95 will be the most straight forward but pretty much everything will need to be swapped no matter the year. 

check the DIY thread for ideas: http://comancheclub.com/topic/48710-diy-projects-writeups-master-search-index/

also, don't let it touch winter.

Wow, looks like I have some reading to do! It will be driven in the winter, one of the questions i had was going to be rust proofing...my plan is 3-4" lift, lockers, bumpers, 32-33s on moabs, simple build. It seems the 16" moabs are hard to come by, are the jk ones the same offset (17 & 18")

JK wheels are even more offset, and a different bolt pattern (5 on 5). With an adapter of 1.25" they will have about stock backspacing.

If you want to do 17's the Charger/Magnum/Challenger/300 wheels are a good fit if you don't want to buy aftermarket. About 1" less backspacing than a stock wheel. And they bolt up.

Easier to find than the TJ Moats.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

also, don't let it touch winter.

It will be driven in the winter, one of the questions i had was going to be rust proofing.

our trucks rot from the inside-out.  the key starting locations are above the rear tire inside the bedwall (you can see the ledge where crap collects if you peer up in front or behind the tire), the floorboards under the carpet (chances are that it's rusting there already), inside the rockers, inside the frame, and inside the bottoms of the doors. 

Yep, rustproofing at this late date is $$ down the drain. Obviously the PO(s) of this rig have taken super care of it over the years and it has never seen snow, ice, or salt except from the inside looking out. It's your truck of course and you can do whatever you want, but this jewel needs to be parked when the snow flies. Pick up a winter beater (like an XJ) and enjoy the MJ for another twenty-odd years. MJ's in this condition are rare animals.   :thumbsup: