Look at what I got today!

Knucklehead97

vfzl7Yw.jpg picked up 4 of these today for 50$! TJ Canyons, I'm guessing? They're in pretty good condition from what I can tell. No deep scratches and no dents. Can't wait to throw a set of street tires on these and a couple coats of semi gloss black and clear coat :D

I was actually going to plastidip my old set of rims but since I got this set I'm not worried about it. I don't do rocks, yet, other than gravel backroads lol. I prefer black over chrome. But some classic cars just need to have chrome, in my opinion.

ZJ canyons are 7" wide, TJ ones are 8" wide. :thumbsup:

I researched and figured that out before I bought them. Couldn't turn up good rims for that cheap even though I would kind of prefer 7's right now. Will them being 8" wide cause any problems? No topics mentioned them causing trouble, but who knows lol.

I've got 3.07's. I've heard they're terrible with 31's. I think my 30's right now are pushing the gear limits. I really want to get 4.10's but finding a front axle stock with them will be rough from what I hear.

3.07s suck. 

car-part.com can help find junkyard axles.  make sure you search for the various years of xj dana 30s.  the website separates everything by part number and that number changed over the years.  also if you didn't yet know, 4.10s are fairly common in the 95-01 explorer 8.8s.  :thumbsup:

I used to run 255/75r17 (32") and 3.07's on the highway, didn't mind only had to drop to 4th for the hills, with the 5spd it was liveable. Took them off to add 225/60R18 off a Charger for better fuel economy and less stress on my dying motor. Looks kinda rice, but my fuel tank stays full longer so I live with it for now (and they were $50 for 4 @ 70% tread).

Plan to swap to 3.55 and the 32's when it hits the road again. That puts it right where I want it performance wise. Keeps the rpms liveable on the highway and still puts me in the 18-20mpg zone.

With 235/75r15's and 3.07's I was pulling in 22mpg steady.

The 32's kinda killed that but looked stellar. With 3.55's I should be able to roll in the same rpm range on the way to work.