89 Pioneer. basically done

Keep the ax15 INTERNAL slave or convert to AW4?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the ax15 INTERNAL slave or convert to AW4?

• Keep ax15 but look for an external slave belhousing
    • leave it be, replace leaking master cylinder
    • swap ax15 in favour of aw4
    • work on other stuff first...and do the swap later
    • other...post it up

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

front shocks are in. rough country 6.5" shocks. price was $79 from the jeep dealer in burlington here.

got the perches for the rear from them as well for $22. SOA in plans for friday/saturday morning.

also made my extensions for the front brake lines, so all I have to do is take them apart, add these in there, and put them back together then make the mounting tabs for them.

the entire suspension will be done by sunday, and the rockers done by tuesday. I'm dragging my feet on the rockers because I hate body work.

hey i got a question where did you find the hub for the steering wheel?

because i am looking for a GT Grant steering wheel but don't know where to get a hub for one for my truck...if you could post a link or maybe a store name?

Thanx

Are you talking about a Steering Wheel Installation Kit? The thing that makes it mount to your column?

I know they stock em at Checker/Schuck's/Kragen

The comanche's use a GM steering wheel colum so most GM wheels will fit.

Truck looks great........nice work! How are the 33's doing with the stock gearing? I know you havent had it out much but how is it so far?

The comanche's use a GM steering wheel colum so most GM wheels will fit.

Truck looks great........nice work! How are the 33's doing with the stock gearing? I know you havent had it out much but how is it so far?

it still has balls with the 33's but obviously 4.10's would out-perform the 3.07's easily. even 3.73's would do well.

can't wait to finish it up.

u have any problems with those short arms at 5.5"?? I wanna do the SOA on mine but don't have the cash to go longarm at the moment...I'm thinking to get ones that have a bend to avoid contact with the shock mount...any suggestions???

truck looks bad @$$

u have any problems with those short arms at 5.5"?? I wanna do the SOA on mine but don't have the cash to go longarm at the moment...I'm thinking to get ones that have a bend to avoid contact with the shock mount...any suggestions???

truck looks bad @$$

only problem i've noticed before (got a XJ out front runnin 6-6.5" short-arms)

is more handling on the road... never hit the shock mounts before that i know of..

hey i got a question where did you find the hub for the steering wheel?

because i am looking for a GT Grant steering wheel but don't know where to get a hub for one for my truck...if you could post a link or maybe a store name?

Thanx

Are you talking about a Steering Wheel Installation Kit? The thing that makes it mount to your column?

I know they stock em at Checker/Schuck's/Kragen

ok so you say schuck's has em? the thing that makes the wheel mount to the column.

truck looks bad @$$

yes, I am having a problem...I'm not sure if I want to risk using the stock extended UCA's. plus they are a bit short..

otherwise, I have no idea what the problems will be.

ok so you say schuck's has em? the thing that makes the wheel mount to the column.

you will probably have to buy a kit online.

you need the splined piece that hooks to the column, plus the extension to the steering wheel, the covers to make it look good, and the horn probably.

drove it up a hill.

it climbs like a mother. got hooked on the reciever so it wouldn't go any higher.

n69205416_32169046_6822.jpg

n69205416_32169047_7117.jpg

yes, that's the dog. I hate him yet love him the lil bastard.

compare...

n69205416_32169048_7401.jpg

painted the gauge bezel red

n69205416_32169045_6548.jpg

it looks good IMO

n69205416_32169044_6196.jpg

began the SOA today. I'll show pics and explain later

n69205416_32182565_3099.jpg

n69205416_32182566_3317.jpgeverything disconnected

n69205416_32182567_3538.jpg

handy heavy duty frame stands

n69205416_32182568_3755.jpg

new u-bolts

n69205416_32182570_4201.jpg

axle out

n69205416_32182571_4431.jpg

wet spots are wd40 from me squirting the brake line ends to remove the brake line...it was a halfassed line so...

n69205416_32182572_4653.jpg

removed axle truck view

n69205416_32182573_4876.jpg

axle set to figure out stance, centering, and pinion angles

n69205416_32182574_5098.jpg

let me say that metric tonne rear springs offer ALOT more lift than normal ones

n69205416_32182575_5321.jpg

using the jack to set pinion angle...decided to put it on jackstands as this method wouldn't offer me turning ability on the driveshaft to find binding.

n69205416_32182577_5771.jpg

new ubolts and perches, this is how it will be set up and I'll be welding in the shock mounts/perches seperately.

n69205416_32182579_6234.jpg

it's NOT welded yet

n69205416_32182580_6458.jpg

thats how far the yoke is out...less than an inch is in

n69205416_32182581_6690.jpg

I think this is where it needs to be located, but the tranny has to drop or driveshaft lengthened or both.

n69205416_32182583_7142.jpg

oh, a view of my REALLY REALLY clean and functional CAD, my nice control arms, and the shocks :D

so I don't know what I am gonna do about the rear driveshaft...the yoke is too far out and an SYE is out of the question. I'm basically broke and I owe alot of $$$ towards school for the upcoming fall semester. long story short I did something dumb at school last fall (didn't hurt anyone else at all, it involved me basically just making a poor decision that set myself back a few paces) so I got suspended didn't know if I'd be going back but did get back in...well, now $$$ is for that and this is the back burner.

SO right now the badlands is looking like a not-happening-this-year sort of thing. cause if I have to pay for a driveshaft to be built, I won't have $$$ to get there and back...and if I don't pay for one, I can't go cause I don't have a rig.

damn, that affects me, and beaterjeep but at least we will still get his 88's new front axle in. anywho, badlands is up in the air unless I find a functional, cheap solution.

please, offer me your opinions/suggestioins.

Use shorter rear springs, with a combo of a TC drop. That might get you another inch on the slip yoke.

When I had my drive shaft re-tubed, it was $120. Retubing a LWB rear DS, and new u-joints. It was very reasonable.

But I know what you mean about being broke. I need to to ball joints......and I just can't afford them now.

You'll get it done. I was in a crisis with my MJ the morning that I was supposed to leave to go wheeling. I had to build a bumper, attach a skid plate, and bumpstops.

Good luck Pat. You've put TONS of good work into this truck, and it looks great!