89 Pioneer. basically done

Keep the ax15 INTERNAL slave or convert to AW4?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the ax15 INTERNAL slave or convert to AW4?

• Keep ax15 but look for an external slave belhousing
    • leave it be, replace leaking master cylinder
    • swap ax15 in favour of aw4
    • work on other stuff first...and do the swap later
    • other...post it up

Not that I condone this, but years back when I was a poor college student. I owned two CJ's...........and one set of plates (the plates were worth more than the Jeeps). If your white one is road legal, you could swap plates just to air out the red one a bit. As far as company's for insurance, when I was young I had Progressive, I now have Gieco, been with them for years and really like them.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pics of the rear axle complete with brake lines bled and e-brake lines...and shocks...

n69205416_32257235_5108.jpg

n69205416_32257236_5344.jpg

the bucket seats I had intended on putting in the 89 didn't end up there...I don't know what they are out of, they were in a cherokee my buddy and I picked up and I got them out of the deal.

but here they are in my bro's 88MJ

n69205416_32257234_4831.jpg

note the differences between stock and this...

n69205416_32257237_5583.jpg

n69205416_32257237_5583.jpg

n69205416_32257239_6059.jpg

they match his dark grey dash and center console really well. we have a set of dark grey door panels for a power window setup when we install the power windows...

the seats that WERE in his 88 ended up being the basis of the 89's seats. I combined them with the pair of MJ passenger seats to make one solid (non-tilt) driver's side seat, and 1 tilt passenger side seat, both are on swivel-type xj seat frames with MJ mounts.

n69205416_32257241_6538.jpg

n69205416_32257242_6780.jpg

I am gonna make my own folding center console/seat with a factory xj console armrest, a home-made storage box, and a lower frame. all will have cushions built in and be covered in grey leather that matches. debating whether to hard mount it, or to mount it on a sliding track to move in tandem with pass side seat...probably hard mount.

Rob, I've done that :P

just to get it from here to rochester (2 or 3 miles) so that I could sandblast the bad spots.

now when I road-tested it, the alignment was TERRIBLE so I'm fixing that in the AM here, and reconnecting the e-brakes/adjusting them.

after that,

finish rockers/cab corners tomorrow,

extend front lines tomorrow too,

and decide which rims I'm using on it (either canyons or these ones...) so that I can get them balanced and have new valve stems put in.

and decide which rims I'm using on it (either canyons or these ones...)

Canyon's don't have enough BS to fit a 12.5" wide tire without rubbing unless you add spacers.

Just trying to save you a headache...

that's what they said about these rims :P they have even LESS bs lol.

I think the canyons will work their way toward the 3800 or my dad's diesel...the smooth lines on them would not go with the rest of the truck's boxy lines (with the waggy grille i mean).

thanks for the help :D

shakedown run went well. I'm more than happy with the performance of it.

except that now the actuator doesn't engage in 4 hi...and I have a suspicion that that has to do with the tranny drop screwing with the shift linkage a bit :nuts: gotta figure it out.

won't be working on it much the rest of the week...tomorrow am I replace a tranny cooler line on my friend's xj I built for him, friday I rewire the lights on my grandpa's 40 ft flatbed, plus work from 1pm on both days, and saturday I help my buddy torch his xj to the ground so that I get the axles, roof, and some other little things, and he gets his replacement body panels, and alot of scrap $$$.

haven't worked on it this week. but since I'm parting out the 4 cylinder I got last week, I have new cab corners and yet another set of good rocker panels. haha, and I have a trailer to boot!

I'll be finishing this truck slowly..school starts on the 4th of september, and I'm not home until about 9pm every day, and I leave at about 8am (drive 45 min, school, swim practice, then work up at school, then drive home :(). the cab corners and finishing the rockers won't be hard. then I just have to swap the lower springs into it...that will also fix my rear driveshaft issues. after that, undercoat the truck and rewire the fog lights, then I may swap on the black fender flares.

it needs a sunroof...

how much do you guys think the 89 is worth (with rockers finished and back leveled out).

it will be finished this weekend. and then it's time to assess my situation. upon purchase/build I had no intention of going back to school. things changed.

i would keep the 89 and the 3800 and get rid of the other one you just bought....alot of work just to let her go

the other one won't gross me anywhere near the $$$ to even pay for what I need.

this will.

I'm 20, I'm fulltime in school, and considering that, I don't really have time for this. if you can come up with a way to get me $2100 without sellin it, let me know.

That 89 came out real nice, looks awesome! But I understand the need to sell, happens to all of us in the early years of no money and school debt.

I would think you could pull 2100 out of the white one, no? The Red one is worth more than that for sure.

That 89 came out real nice, looks awesome! But I understand the need to sell, happens to all of us in the early years of no money and school debt.

I would think you could pull 2100 out of the white one, no? The Red one is worth more than that for sure.

hahahaha.

yeah. like i'd let the white one go for less than 7k. I've got at least that into it. hand in hand, the white one is just worth more in sentimentality AND general investment than the red one...

finishing up the 89 this weekend and it goes on ebay/craigslist this week unless someone lets me know they want it. for you guys, I'll take $2700 OBO. it will go for $3000 on ebay hopefully. I'd rather see it go to someone on here.

yea good point i remember when i had lots of bills to pay and wasnt bringing in enough to keep my pants on...lol..fortunatly I'm 22 and am starting with Peoria Police shortly so my addicition will be even bigger when i buy my house and have more storage

Yea the 3800 has way more value to yourself than the 89...i honestly would give ya upwards of 3500-4K for it....everything done good and its in great shape....I would buy it but already got my MJ and XJ at the house :D :D

hahahaha.

yeah. like i'd let the white one go for less than 7k. I've got at least that into it. hand in hand, the white one is just worth more in sentimentality AND general investment than the red one...

finishing up the 89 this weekend and it goes on ebay/craigslist this week unless someone lets me know they want it. for you guys, I'll take $2700 OBO. it will go for $3000 on ebay hopefully. I'd rather see it go to someone on here.

Ha, sorry, really don't know much about the white one other than what is in your sig. Have no idea what it would be worth. I do think that you are in the right ballpark with the red one, if I didnt already have one I would look to buy it. It shouldnt be forsale very long for that price.