Rebuilt 91 German Comanche

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The next step I will do is the chance the lamps on the roof and mount 4 LED lamps. Maybe the next 2 or 3 weeks and 2 for the rear.

And make something with the radio. There are only two speakers in the doors at the front. I have a big speaker box at home from my CJ7. If this works I will install this behind the seats. There are a 3-way system with a huge woofer and a amplifier.

If the weather is geating better, I have to chance the front axcles u-joints. Because one is damaged.

That's one great looking Comanche !!!!  congrats :bowdown:  I might look into getting some of that vinyl paint also, I noticed you have your muffler turned down right before your rear axle, I'm planning on doing the same thing to mine, Do you get any drone in the cab?  is it too loud to be used as a daily driver?

@big66440: No I have nothing in the cab. The noises are also not too loud for DD. But I can't go to the freeway and check it because here are 15cm of snow and it is in the garage. I will usw it next year to as daily driver.

I'm totally diggin' the vinyl wrap. Did it come in sheets, or in a large roll? And how simple was it to install by yourself? I would imagine it would be difficult to keep air bubbles out. I'd be worried about the hot summer temperatures. 

Anyway, looks clean. I'm very interested in trying this myself. 

The vinyl is on a large roll, I ordered 15m and have enough for repairs in the house. So everything is made by myself. We need 2 day's for the hole car. Two persons, and a lot of time. The car is easy to vinyl. The problem with the bubbles I have, too. On some parts I had to do it again when it's getting warmer. The badest part is behind the doors to the bedliner.

The vinyl is good for car washpark and everything normal, like hot sun and winterstorms.

• 1 month later...

Some small updates. The MJ stays in the garage and is waiting for better wheater.

I had to do some things. First I have a new front from a 97 XJ, and 4 new LED roof lights and 2 new for the rear as working lights including new switches.

A another step will to install a landmeter on the damage dash and change the lights from the heating console, because there are Not working and it's pretty dark at night.

Just read through your thread. Looks great! I like the look of the 97-up XJ front end a lot better than the early model XJ/MJ. 

I have the newer header/hood/fenders and doors on my MJ. 

If you have the means, upgrading the doors is something you should consider. You get a nice single piece window and better mirrors. 

And, your door lock cylinders will swap to the newer style doors. I was never sure before, but I have the old Renix lock cyl in my 97-up doors. 

I've thought about doing a vinyl wrap on my vehicles, because the cost is not that much, but I would want a pro to do it so that if something is wrong they can fix it and I don't have to. Haha.

As far as your HVAC panel light, if you remove the dash bezel, you can check to see if the light works, but it not properly connected to the back of the HVAC panel. I guess you could change the bulb anyways since you are there, but something to check for. When I got my Renix XJ years ago I had no HVAC panel light. When I swapped a new stereo HU in, I noticed that when the lights were on that there was a small glow behind the panel. So, I removed the screws to check. And sure enough, the bulb worked but was not "plugged in" to the back of the HVAC panel. 

• 3 weeks later...

The last few days I do some updates, and install the 4 new LED working lights for the front and 2 for rear. Next step is making the electrical wirres and switches. The LED's are 18W each.