Cowl Induction Hood

I had one made for the MJ using an 89 hood and one for the XJ using a 2000 ... just the welding is done so far. Waiting for spring to do the finishing work since I have to do it outside.

So far I'm only into them about $200 total.

Lower part of the ad says it is fiberglass, fully molded underside, uses stock hinges, etc.

Ahh... yea it does. Sorry I didn't scroll down. I can now say with certainty that it is a fiberglass unit. :rotf:

Those are the "Dominator" hood......... absolute crap. I had one....... it was 3/4" too short and 1/2" too narrow. Fit was terrible. The hood arc was way off in relation to the tops of the fenders. Front corners were high, not enough arc across to keep it level with the header panel in any adjustment combination.

tfch-3_cherokee_84-96_xj_dominator_hood_

Dawggone Don. Your memory is sure better than mine. Forgot all about it until I clicked on the link you provided. So that brings up another question. Did Yellaheep ever get it fixed and running? Or would he be willing to swap straight across for a MJ?

Lol..... Cowl hood thread and we're talking about my '46 Olds...... :laughin: 

Nope, still not fixed, not running. Brakes are gone, radiator is corroded, engine broke a lifter or a valve. Just sitting until I can get myself off this MJ addiction. Needs lots of attention.......and money.

Nope, there isn't an MJ that exists that I'd trade the Olds for. It was my Granddad's and he left it to me when he passed.

There is MUCH more to life than just the Comanche truck!!  Saw a 1954 DeSoto Station Wagon when I went to the store Friday.  Spoke with the owner.  Car looked not bad, had a DeSoto Hemi engine (smaller than the 331).  Also had a variation of the old Fluid Drive transmission with the automatic clutch.

There is MUCH more to life than just the Comanche truck!!  Saw a 1954 DeSoto Station Wagon when I went to the store Friday.  Spoke with the owner.  Car looked not bad, had a DeSoto Hemi engine (smaller than the 331).  Also had a variation of the old Fluid Drive transmission with the automatic clutch.

Man cannot live by bread alone. He also needs peanut butter. :yes: