JPR SLPR

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Shelby I'm not sure how the texas tags work but i think i will try and see if i can get it put on. thanks for letting me steal it since you were unable to use it. 

also was able to pick up my axle yesterday wahoo. :brows:  came in last week but with my timelline they are always closed before i get off work. 

now i just need to find a place to work on the trailer at. anyone in the north texas area have an area for me LOL. 

thanks everyone for the comments, i hope you enjoy it and sorry for the slow build. it will be worth it i promise.

• 3 weeks later...

well i know i havent had any updates. sorry everyone. been busy with work and i am now buying a house so hopefully that will go through and then i can actually work on it slowly but at least a little... also i bought something to go in the bed of my MJ while i tow the JPR SLPR.....i think it will make the perfect addition to the truck and trailer!

and my pannier bags and medical kit

what better way to spend an expedtion than with a HONDA CT110!!

• 4 months later...

I know I know I know. its been a long time an i appoilgize. and i am sure yall have gotten tired of my rebuilding of the same trailer and so on and so forth. so here is the deal.... i have pulled it out of storage and started to actually make progress on it.....

pulling it out of the trailer.

A little of what was stored in the trailer. now empty....yes thats a drawtite that i have sanded down to bare metal, primed, and painted. just waiting for my comanche to come down to TX. From Idaho.

truck axle still under it.

Removed....

ANY ONE LOOKING FOR A REAR AXLE? Comanche Specific!

working on the shocks

Shocks and axle mounted.

T

Tires mounted!!!! JPR SLPR is ready to roll to its new location for the bed swap, painting and interior build up. 

Thank you everyone for your patience and please bare with me as i promise i will be making regular updates now that i have room to and time to work on this.

:cheers:

so i decided to take the sleeping bed off and do some adjustments to it....

cut the bed and input another hinge so that when the shell is on i can access the cargo space fully.

It now folds over once

and opens up all the way.

carpet laid and measured

Cut to size and rolled up for glue

Glued and Stapled

finsihed carpeting the main sleeping platform.

Enjoy.  :laughin:

• 3 weeks later...

thanks farmerbrown! still long process left but itll get there..... here is a new attachment for the trailer. i will finish it on my next nights off. but i believe we are all fans of our whiskey soooo what better addition to an expedition trailer than a mobile bar?

the frame.....

first idea.... enjoyed the three glasses put would prefere an even number. couldnt fit four sooo.

I added the backing....and

a drawer for...

couple shot glasses... and cork screw and possible whiskey stones.

i will be finishing the front doors and side handles monday when i am off next. but i would enjoy your thoughts and ideas.... thanks for checking in.

• 3 weeks later...

well here's what it looks like finished up.

as you can tell. i am not the best wood worker. but its a practice one i suppose. when it breaks i strip the parts off of it and use wood glue and a better saw to make it nice and square with everything nice and tight.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...