Killer Comanche Whos Is It

dragordie

I guess I might not belong on this site due to I have been building jeeps for hard core off roading and I have not but wanted to build a Comanche.So  came across that picture which stricked my interest to do a bed build on my Grand Cherokee. A tree fell on it and its cut like a 2 door what I call Grand Camino.

Ok now can anyone give me some idea as how to cut from the front of the back doors to the tail lights off my grand so I can build a tube bed. I know i will need frame stiffners. from that point on is my question.I think the sub frame on the Comanche is boxed out and build stronger than my grand.

I think the sub frame on the Comanche is boxed out and build stronger than my grand.

You'd be correct in the assumption since the bed portion of the Comanche is a true frame where as on the ZJ it's all unibody.  Frame stiffners would be a must and some level of reinforcement in the back of the "cab" on your ZJ would be a good idea.  As to how to do that... I don't know since I'm not a welder and don't really know how to go about something like that.

Beijing Auto Works (BAW - aka Beijing Jeep, the first joint venture between a western auto maker and China) made it... haven't found a name.  Appears to be a concept build.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/12/beijing-auto-works-pondered-jeep-liberty-pickup/

Now if you could get a hold of a front clip from a late model Chinese XJ - like this 2004 BAW BJ2500, you could have a unique MJ update!

Chinajeep.jpg