Mrsimon's First Mj Project (Tube Bed Page 7)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

It's almost two years from the last update.  So what's going on in MrSimon's Jeep life?

Well, I quit.  Gave up Jeeps.  Swore them off forever and bought a Honda Civic.  I purged everything Jeep from my life and my garage.

Yeah, that lasted about 18 months.

So I bought this.  Pretty nice build with a rear D44, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears and some other nice stuff.  Problem is, it won't run.

IMG_2431.JPG

So, I bought this to swap everything onto.  It runs great and is really clean inside.  But, the AC compressor doesn't work.

IMG_2454.JPG

So I bought this.  It has a good AC compressor, which I'll keep.  The rest I'll sell.

IMG_2518.JPG

And somewhere in the middle, I bought this.  I don't really know why.  But do you really need a reason to buy a running Jeep for cheap?

IMG_2488.JPG

But I still felt empty inside.  You know, like something was missing.  Soooooooo, you guessed it ... picking up this tomorrow afternoon.

00z0z_ieNPwXRvG5J_600x450.jpg

Stay tuned.  Who knows what might happen.

I brought home the new MJ on Saturday and I was very pleasantly surprised with the condition and options.

• Rear D44
  • Full skids including TC and gas tank
  • Power windows
  • Power locks
  • Working AC
  • Minimal rust (will need some attention eventually though)
  • Current inspection
  • Bucket seats
  • Aftermarket stereo with nice speakers and USB jack
  • 4x4 works well
  • 4.0L runs well
  • Nice trailer hitch
  • Spray in bed liner in nice shape
  • Sliding rear window

I'm not really sure what I'll do with this truck yet.  I'd like to say I plan to totally restore it and make it look brand new, but I doubt I'll ever get around to that.  Most likely I'll clean it up a bit, drive it around and fix/upgrade stuff when it needs it.

IMG_2581.JPG

• 1 year later...

Here is an update:

I traded the green MJ for a trunk full of guns, sold off or parted out all the junk XJs, and finished up building the green 00 XJ.  It's a sweet sleeper build with gears, air lockers, long arms, inner air beadlocks etc ... but it's still fairly low and plain looking with only 33" tires.  I love it!