Problem Posting Pictures

I started a photo bucket account copied the picture then when trying to post on the forum I clicked the image icon pasted the link hit ok annnnnnnnd.... nothing. doesn't post, the little window just sits there and I can't even exit it, I have to exit out of the web page in order for anything to happen.

could be a virus, i would try what gogmorgo said and then if you have Ccleaner, run it. Other then that make sure your posting the right link in the correct format supported by this website.

A random event crash like that could be caused by any number of things. If it worked in the past, I would trace my steps back to anything I might have installed recently or any major changes I made to my computer. That may be a good place to start if the problem continues.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue, and have been having it for a while, I tried uploading a few pics a while back and was having the same issue, thought it might just be something with the site or whatever, Ive cleaned my computer since then, and I just tried uploading some pics, and still having the same issue, any ideas? I tried with both photobucket and a image host site, just won't post the link and when I try to upload the image through the image icon, it freezes just this site,

EDIT: I can't paste anything, just tried pasting a link and doesn't work, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

If you're copying and pasting between tabs (or windows) in IE, you might not have the text box activated. Try typing a bit of text and the ctrl+v.

Also, why are you using Internet Exploder? There are so many other browsers out there that are better in that they actually work. Chrome and Firefox are probably the leaders. I use Opera because I'm weird like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Picasa 3.

I have never done anything like this (Photo posting) so there is a learning curve.

I keep getting this message  "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" So I am not sure if its me or the Google photo page causing the problems.

... the message "you are not allowed to you that extension on this forum" ...

I've gotten this in the past when I "borrow" a picture from another website. I think it has to do with the format that the original picture was saved as or posted as... or something like that. If it's a picture that I really, really want to use I usually end up saving it and rehosting it on my own.

the address you're posting is for the page.  you need the address of the image.  try right-clicking on the pic and choose "copy image location" or whatever IE says that's like that. (in theory that's what control-v is doing but try it to make sure)

• 1 year later...

i tried some these suggestions and wow..frustrating..i guess I'm not as skilled with a computer as i thought ..couldnt get it to work so i pasted something prolly where it shouldnt have gone and theres a direct link to my pictures so i guess everyone here can see it