I did see that...I got my mag at the beginning of may....they also show a part about the jeep comanche pioneer Olympic edition which is a pretty clean truck in the pic with the clean turbines

Yessir, I thought about sending them a pic of Jessica, but it had nothing to do with the topic of the letter I sent, anyways some other day...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after mounting that, I was pretty beat, and just started conecting back the battery cables, and routing cables better, but then I got a little sidetracked, and decided to snap a few pics of the Frame repair/reinforcing me and my buddy did around the steering box..

PIcs:

I spot a .22 shell, good times.. 

My buddy has a bunch of experience and that came out badass! I am super happy with the results!!!

Anyways Tuesday I was determined to put the radiator and hoses in, so after a quick google search on how to clean the cooling system out of a car, I decided to just spray water from the thermostat till it cam out clear, and then clean it out afterwards. Since the engine needs to run for a while to heat up and get all the gunk out of the system. Anyways here are the pics..

Eew dirty @$$ water!  :ack:

I was just spraying water directly from my garden hose

That's how it was coming out, from the water pump, I just put the old radiator hose I had and aimed it down towards the bucket in order for me to save the water, or well at least throw it in the lawn instead of the street.

Dirty..

I also cleaned the heater core, which wasn't as dirty as the block, it only took about 3-4 flushes to clean out, and this is what came out

Took out the old radiator to compare it side by side against the new one

Man what a difference  :eek:

Anyways, this is pretty much where I left of on Tuesday, later on that day the old man, started helping me out by designing and fabricating the mounts for the tranny cooler, and I decided to run both the new one and the stock one, instead of running the stock one for the Power Steering. Hopefully Ill do some more wrenching later on today, and snap a few more pics.  :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well Needless to say Yes Mr KCsurfer420 aka Tim helped me out on getting the new (to Jessica) axle all nice and prepped with new ball joints, unit bearings and upper poly bushings. and that was about a month ago now I'm to the task of cleaning up the wiring and conecting the 3 e-fans I bought, I don't know if I posted this update or not, but I ended up buying 3 10" Maradyne E-Fans since the ones I had originally planned to put on didn't fit because the steering box got in the way, and also didn't have almost any clearance against the engine. I'll try to upload some more pics later of the fans and the work I got done to the radiator. Basically at the end of the day it would've come out cheaper to just buy the Flex-a-Lite Radiator with e-fans, but at least this will have the best of the best, being that those fans are very up to the task, and are all of a composite structure, when you feel the structural integrity of em they're not flexy like regular e-fans these mofos are very stout. Anyways sorry for the year wait, and I'll be uploading pics shortly.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whoops, also forgot to post that I made a nicer mount/adapter for my power steering pump.. here are the pics

New template

Old POS mount/adapter

Everything taken apart, God I new a new lower Rad Hose.. I know I know.. another thing to add to the list

Cutting the new mount/adapter out of 5/16" plate

And I forgot to take a picture of everything buttoned up, since I had to put it on.. hehe  Also I'm not to happy with the muffler shop work they did, so that'll be the last time I go with them.. but it's all good because I'm going to need to replace that muffler in a year or so and when I do I'm gonna take it to a better more professional shop.. 

Man, I never thought I'd say this but, seeing El Paso again kinda makes me miss it. I was stationed there for 3 years at Ft. Bliss. Never found any descent wheeling trails. We always went out to red sands and that was kinda boring, no difficulty. Found all the gentleman's clubs though! Nice looking Comanche by the way!

Thanks Man! and yes there are little to no difficult trails in EP, but most of the good ones are in New Mexico, Las Cruces, and Orogrande have some good ones, also Alamogordo, and now T or C, Check out Olskool 4x4 they're some cool cats that know most if not all the trails around the region

• 2 weeks later...

Well after that I took her out on a test drive, now before that I had tested her for DW and I ran to about 55mph, but was very scared since it was lunch hour and there was traffic around me, so now was the time to do it since it was Sunday night and it's pretty mellow, so I did and floored it on some neighborhood streets, and it's definite that I need the new tranny cable for it because it's shifting like $#!&, but I was able to take her up to about 70mph with my homemade alingment, and no more DW!!! yeayyyaaaa!!!  :banana:  Mission Accomplished! 

So since I was so excited to have her back up and running I decided to take her to work on Monday morning, and while we were deciding what to get for breakfast I excitedly volunteered to go get it, but when I went to get on my truck and start her, the starter was about to start, and it took a dump.. :fs1:  So I wasn't able to start her by my own, so after work a friend of mine showed up and started diagnosing the problem, and we ended up starting her by jumping her, but there's definitely an electrical problem there and hopefully we'll try to figure that out today.. So there's my dilemma, I know I said that I rather be prepared and accept the fact that problems were gonna rise up, but I'm running out of patience rather quickly...

At least now I accept it rather be ready than pissed at a problem rising. Plus at the end of the day, it's a Jeep! What did I expect! it's a never ending process.. 

Friking Jessica get your $#!& together!!! :thwak:  Pleeeaassee  :bowdown:  

Think you will make this years turkey run? 

for those not in our area :

(A large group of 4X4's that hit trails in El Paso, usually numbers in the hundreds, for toy donations)

I'm going to try and make it in my Comanche. If it's not ready, then I'll probably still go, just run my RAM HD

• 4 weeks later...

Well I forgot to post this picture, but the friend that helped me out wiring the E-fans, was moving and needed some help so there me and Jessica went, we didn't put her to work since he had his MX trailer handy, but nevertheless I took this pic, of Jessica in front of his LJ aka "Salvage" since it was a salvage rescue. And I just wanted to take a pic of both of them before we convert the Salvage into a Krawling Monster, an put tires on mine.. haha. But, I thought I'd be cool to see a before and after pic of both these projects.. The LJ will undergo major surgery coming next May or so, my friend already nought the Kingpin D60, and 14 Bolt axles, for it, and he's planning on running 39" BFG Krawlers. As for me I just installed some 33.5" BFG KO2s, but anyways here's the pic

The truck sure is looking fancy! Nice work, very clean. The new tires and Moabs really set it off.

I hope you have better luck with the U Turn than I did. Even with the newest version, it would eat those Moog TREs on the draglink. Then the knuckle brackets wallowed when I torqued the TREs and ORO wouldn't sell me replacements. Now I've got an expensive pile of metal/aluminum in the corner since I went back to V8 ZJ stuff for now.