Coming along nicely.  :cheers:  

And thanks for posting up the Baja pics. I'd love to attend one of those events. Someday.............

Thanks Hornbrod, I just can't seem to log in here as often as Id wish but if you have a FB account send me a Friend Request, so that way you can see more pics and some video footage! haha 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also curious about the Banks particularly with the late style intake.

Love the Banks header. I want to get one for my 89 but I have read so much mix information about if it will even bolt to the motor correctly. Looks like it does no problem with a new intake manifold. Are you eliminating the egr?

xjustinx Yes I am eliminating the "egr" since I am using a '96 XJ Intake Manifold there's no longer use for it (as far as I know), and yeah the headers should bolt right on the engine block Minuit , however it did not bolt directly to my down pipe. I was goint to replace it anyway so Ill just take it to a local muffler shop and have them bend me and install me a new one.

And thanks for posting up the Baja pics. I'd love to attend one of those events. Someday.............

Thanks Hornbrod, I just can't seem to log in here as often as Id wish but if you have a FB account send me a Friend Request, so that way you can see more pics and some video footage! haha 

Rolf! No Facebook account for moi - ever. I'll just wait until you get the time to post up here.  :yes:

Rolf! No Facebook account for moi - ever. I'll just wait until you get the time to post up here.  :yes:

haha sounds good!

• 2 weeks later...

Man almost a week and a half and still no radiator...   :dunno:   

Well hopefully by the end of the week it'll get here  :crossfingers:  I still have to go to the Junkyard to get some more parts anyways..

I'm really enjoying reading your thread!  You are doing a good job with your truck and you take lots of pictures which is always good.

Thanks Man! I Seriously appreciate that! I do think that a pad on the back every once in a while works to keep you motivated, 

That is one fine radiator. They also make the same model for the 1991 and up MJ/XJ with the tranny cooler line fittings built in. Just curious why you didn't grab that one?

41FQukTGZCL.jpg

Because remember I told you guys I ordered a trans cooler, well I forgot to snap a few pics of it since this past week was my finals week, but it's pretty big, and I'm thinking of using both the original, and the aftermarket one and that should be enough. Which is why I didn't ordered the one with the trans cooler, to keep it simple, and have more cooling power for the engine. I'll try to snap a few pics and post em either today or tomorrow.

You sir, have nothing on my underhood wiring rats nest....squiggle up another 20 lbs of wire under the hood in the shape of some einsteinium trigonometric equation then come see me... :).....Just sayin you're wires ain't bad... :thumbsup:

Yeah one does not appreciate what he has until he sees someone else's problems. Good luck with your cables! I definitively do not enjoy all that but I'll try to clean as much as I can without messing her up. 

Well and following on Comanche County's comment, my plans for the next week is get all the missing parts that I need, and start her check that everything is running well, and use her for a week, . :MJ 1: .  with the low-rider tires. If everything is runing well ( :crossfingers:) I'm gona take it to a couple of buddies in Juarez Mexico whom I trust their work and get all my electrical problems fixed, and get some A/C on it for this summer, so hopefully another 3 weeks and it should be all good to go!  :thumbsup:

Thats sooo crazy, I knew the guy that built and painted that truck, how did I miss this thred? I know you live over by franklin hs as ive seen the truck around there a lot. Hi I'm tim. I live no canutillo with the black mj thats on 37s check out my build (beat not built) and I'm a local mj parts horder so let me know if you ever need any thing for it....

Thats sooo crazy, I knew the guy that built and painted that truck, how did I miss this thred? I know you live over by franklin hs as ive seen the truck around there a lot. Hi I'm tim. I live no canutillo with the black mj thats on 37s check out my build (beat not built) and I'm a local mj parts horder so let me know if you ever need any thing for it....

Awesome! Yeah you're right I live aout 3 blocks away from Franklin, also James Robertson mentioned your name to me, but I've just never had the chance to call you I for sure will swing by one of these days man! 

Well anyways it's getting late and I'm falling asleep but here are some good news! I got an XJ donor!  :clapping:

We call her "La Borrada" which means erased since the PO painted her with a brush lol

Anyways yes it has Chihuahua Plates from Mexico, but hey WGAF it has a perfectly untouched virgin D30 which I plan on swaping on to Jessica, same gearing too!

And it also has the no dummie cluster  :rock on:

Oh and I almost forgot this was supposed to be on the previous post  :doh: but anyways I went with a buddy of mine and he made me these badass heavy duty battery cables! I just bought the terminals, and he had the cable. 

I have small hands, but you can see how thick it is in contrast with my thumb. My old ones were trashed, and by trashed I mean TRASHED the negative one was 75% bare where there was no plastic over it at all BARE COPPER!!!! Lol I forgot to take pictures of em, but I'll snap a few if I ever see em again  :laughin:

Well funny story in between, if you're subscribed to "Four Wheeler" mag, which I was you probably noticed that all of a sudden the magazine started going south real fast in a matter of 2-3 prints, with stupid articles of Tractor tires for your mud rig (that's what "Mud Life" is there for), and Zombie Apocalypse preparation which I think is  :bs:  but hey to each their own. Anyways a couple of weeks ago, they posted an article which was named "Tempting Ten" and talked about the Top 10 off road capable or package trucks in the last 10 yrs, and I noticed they didn't put the Toyota Tacoma, which I think is a very capable little truck, specially off-road, so this was basically the tip of the iceberg for me, and sent 'em a letter ranting about the article...   Anyways the other day the new print came in and I opened it and started reading it, and then noticed that they actually published my letter! I was excited as I was not expecting it at all and it was actually the first time I wrote to a magazine.

So before I keep going out of track here are the pics:

This is the newest Issue

And here's the letter I wrote them

and yes I know  :offtopic:  but I thought it was cool