So remember my Death Wobble issue.. Well everytime I steered it used to creak a lot! So me and my dad Inspected it closely and notice that my "frame" was cracked right at the area of where the steering box bolts on to. So remember my buddy with the actual Preruner Tacoma, the one that helped me with my motor mounts, well I called him and he helped me with my frame, he's an awesome fabricator very talented, and woth a lot of experience. Well I went to his place and we took apart Jessica's whole front end and started cleaning the frame re-welding all the cracks and reinforcing it.

Welding the cracks..

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm into MTBiking a lot, but I prefer Downhill over all the other disciplines, even though I still practice them, but on a trip in the summer up to Angelfire NM, we had my buddy's trailer giving us wobble problems on the highway, and that was because he pretty much did a "red-neck" shuttle-type bike rack, that not only does it not distribute the wight properly around the trailer, but also is not that friendly with the bikes. So I started thinking of a new bike rack design and asked him to lend me his trailer so me and a friend of mine could work with it. 

I just love trucks! . :MJ 1: .  don't you? haha 

So looking for ideas of bike racks I found this one that was pretty simple and also found that sticker very amusing!  :laughin:

and this is what I came out with! what do you guys think? and yes thats my bike  ;)

Oh by the way that is just a mock up the bike with the rack are just resting on that "C" channel not bad for just pretty much drawing it on the floor huh.. :brows:

Well since I worked about 30 miles away from home I used to drive a lot on the highway, and one day I started to feel a constant vibration, so I started wondering what would it be. And one of the first things that popped in my head was u-joints! and sure enough my front lower one was about to disintegrate, so I just took it off since I wasn't wheeling much at the time. But then the time came and I changed it! it was about 3 months w/o front drive shaft lol so it felt good to swap the transfer case in 4Lo and test drive!

RTI Ramp at my place? Why not!

Later on that day we decided to go to Killbourne's hole to go shooting, and I snaped this pic

Good times! with good people!  :group beer:

And the dusty aftermath! I had to beat everyone out :driving:  since I had no A/C and it was in the middle of summer, so that way I wouldnt get so much dust inside lol

And then of course the wash  :roll:  

and while I'm at it more stickers under the hood! Yes more!  :eek:

:yeah that:

Anyways next day me and my friend went to a local very unknown chill spot that we try to keep as secret as possible so that way ignorant drunk people don't destroy it. So we went to check it out clean it up a little bit and see what to bring for the next time that we are out there.

As you can see on the sign at the top, it's called "The Canopy" and it is a very chill spot in the middle of the desert that a bunch of friends built from scratch, and then since the border is really close to where that is located the border patrol officers go and chill there too and pretty much gave us that military tarp. Pretty badass place if you want to go there and check it out Ill take you there just get in contact with me! But first you gotta promise you won't tell anyone  :fine print:  haha

Well I've been thinking of a better more trail worthy, useful, and better looking rear bumper and I found one that I like how simple it looks but will make it stronger 

. Here are the pics of the example.

and of course I plan on integrating a tire carrier with some other ideas I already have in mind  :brows:

So I went ridding back to the same place as Ive shown you guys before and snaped this pic, 

and on my way back home I saw this!

Talked to the owner turns out he restored it and his dad back in Washington has like 4 M37s, he also had a Willys Panel Van, an old suburban another Willys Jeep, and a first Generation CJ5 pretty cool dude.

So on my way back I saw a big empty lot and decided to go explore it, did a little bit of urban wheeling lol

Well about two weeks after the last post I was driving back from a friend's house and I noticed that Jessica wasnt running right so I stoped at the side of the road and sure enought it was overheating! I didnt notice that one of my heater hoses had torn and since I was there for a long time it pretty much drained all the water. So basically I drove her for about 2 miles W/O watter, my first thought was that I blew the head gasket for sure or even almost seized the engine. Thankfully though about a month before that happened, my dad convinced me of adding a BG oil additive, I think its called the MOA, when I changed the oil and thanks to that nothing really bad happened. Anyways here's the evidence...

It seemed like the reservoir was about to explode

So I varely got home after that happened I had to stop 3 more times in about 5 to 6 miles just to let it cool off, 

needless to say that was a very frustrating sad day..

So all this happened in Sept 2013 and pretty much since that happened I lost my patience. Since Ive been having problems with her since I bought her; so I decided to stop driving her and start purchasing all the new parts that I wanted to put on her, and do it all at once.

So I'm finally up to date!!! yeeehaww!!!  :clapping:

Well since all that I havent driven her since yes Sept 13 I've been very patient, but hey this wasnt the first time Ive been without a car so how bad could it be right.. Anyways getting back on track I started saving money and started getting parts Ill post pics of all the parts that I've gotten so far, but right now all I'm missing is the Radiator which hopefully I'll get in the next week or so and start tearing her down and installing all the new parts in.

Thanks guys for being patient with me! 

I sure hope not to make you bored out of the FB pictures and almost zero wrenching pics but I promise I will go more into detail now that I am actually doing this!

So just like any thread W/O pics is worthless I think that at least every other post should have a picture so here's how my engine bay looks like now 

What a mess  :ack:

Oh also I almost forgot I am selling My set of Tires and wheels with adaptors and everything! If anyone is interested let me know!

This is how she's sitting right now..  :oops:  She looks like a low rider hahaha but thats for now Ill keep the wheels though, Ill polish them and slap on some 33x10.5 KM2s on there  :crossfingers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well anyways, back to Jessica me and my dad figured out the whole death wobble problem, since we changed the trackbar, and rebalaced the tires and it kept doing it, Turns out that when I replaced the ball joints, the shop that did the work, didnt tell me and welded the ball joints into the inner Cs of the axle, which not only made my tires wear quicker and from the outside to the inside, but also didnt help woth the death wobble, at all. Plus the PO when he lifted the truck didnt drill the new hole to keep the original trackbar straight and wollowed out the original one. Anyways here are the pics..

See what he tried to do there to "save the hole"  :no:

There you can see the weld on the balljoint and the axle

Oh I also forgot to mention, that the lower control arm mount on the axle I guess got ripped off, and the PO tried to fab up a new one, but it is not aligned at all with we're it's suppossed to be... :shake:

Well after all the I knew I needed the newer style fuel rail, and throttle cables, and base. So I went with my friend to the Pick-A-Part and look what I found!

The almighty horseshoe intake!!! on an old trusty '01 XJ

Well I was determined to yank it our from her, but as soon as I got it out, In oticed something really bad 

After going through all that struggle of getting it out of there it was cracked! Damn you!!! :fs1:

But hey at least I got the parts that I needed, including the throttle cables and base.

As soon as I got home I started cleaning the inside and out of the fuel rail, and got it on, I forgot to take a picture because I had to get ready for a biking trip to Austin TX