Wow!

88whitemanche

That's a old tug. If it was truly a CJ10, it would be a neat find. That's a CJ10a that they removed the tug box, counter weight and dully with d70 and installed a what looks to be custom box. That is a custom jeep, not extremely rare tho. I owned a tug once. Paid $300. Thought it was a good deal till I started pricing out parts for that Diesel engine!!

Yeah, that is a common conversion of a not-so-rare CJ10A military tug. It is not a true CJ10 pick-up. I have a friend who has done several of these conversions. It is basically a tug cab on a donor chassis most of the time. This looks to be set on a '80-up FSJ chassis, a common donor, or at least built using FSJ parts. At $25K he is at least 5 times too high on the price. Probably hoping to fool someone who thinks it is a CJ10.

jeep from this ad:

CJ10A tug like the one that donated the cab and not so stellar engine:

Image Not Found

Real & very rare CJ10

That one is worse than the other one!

Agreed!

Imagine what it's like at highway speeds pulling that trailer with a 5 foot (lol) wheel base!!

They are cool for what they are.

Here's one forsale on pirate. Good price IMO for a running and driving rig.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/complete-vehicles-sale/1220610-cj10a-military-tug.html

It had Grand Wagoneer axles swapped in and handled quite well up to 70 mph. The biggest benefit to it was 30 mpg with the turbo diesel Nissan SD33T with a Mopar big block 727 behind it and NP208 tcase. They came with a 1/2 ton counter ballast because their original use was moving up to Boeing 727 size planes around on the runway.