A Real Survivor ... Take A Look At This!

While the seller wrote a novel, the pictures tell the whole story.  I don't know what this guy paid for this fine specimen, but he was in the proverbial "right place at the right time".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271269501303&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

No the PW/PL are not stock. 

Quote:  "so I did just that with an OEM wiring harness out of another jeep and brand new Dorman window regulators and brand new lock solenoids...a very NICE upgrade."

Doubt bidding will meet his reserve price.  He seems to be testing the market in this listing. 

Quote:  While I am not giving this truck away, I feel I have this truck priced very fairly based on recent sales, but I need your unbiased and honest bids in the event my reserve is not met as an indicator of its value should I decide to re-list.

Those door panels aren't stock... And I doubt the P/W P/L's are either. Those panels are from an XJ limited.

Rob

Spoke with seller. He will be posting multiple hi res pictures on a public site. He is aware of ComancheClub.

For someone looking for a very nice Comanche this looks damn good. I don't like the bench seat no hitch and no metric ton package. Also think it is a short bed. Otherwise a damn nice truck for somebody here with the money.

Yes GREAT weekend truck.

So what do you think he wants for the truck? Think I am a low baller at 5699. But by how much??

Can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that it has power locks and windows.

Awesome little truck, no way would I pay how much he probably wants though.

A truck that nice should  be a short bed. That is the collector look. Look at old c series chevys. Everyone wants the short beds. Long beds are work trucks, and that truck is to nice to use as a work truck. Would be sick as a METRIC TON and wish the doors were still stock. I consider it less valuable with the changes he made. Wish it was bone stock.

I think he wants $9000 that's just a guess though.

Spoke with seller. He will be posting multiple hi res pictures on a public site. He is aware of ComancheClub.

For someone looking for a very nice Comanche this looks damn good. I don't like the bench seat no hitch and no metric ton package. Also think it is a short bed. Otherwise a damn nice truck for somebody here with the money.

Yes GREAT weekend truck.

Its my truck (surprised nobody saw the ebay sellers name and recognized it from here...but I know I am not very active here anymore I so I have probably been long forgotten).  This is the one I just got a few months back.  Thanks for all the props; yes, it is a little gem, and yes, I stole the wiring harness from my '88 xj for the power windows and locks, and I did order brand new OEM style window regulators and lock solenoids, and yes, the door panels are out of an xj limited.  No, I am not just trying to feel out the market, I started the reserve at $7,000 and dropped it to $6,500...basically just trying to get my investment back; ended up with too many vehicles and honestly I feel guilty driving this one in fear it will get banged up or I will rack up a ton of miles on it.  Not too desperate to sell it but don't 'need it' either. 

I think I have it priced fairly, and reason I stated I didn't want to make the reserve known, was I had concern if I stated $7,000 reserve, 1/2 the people would not even bid as it may be out of their budget and only a few select would bid, possibly resulting in a lower overall price...I suppose a bad approach as many are thinking what you all are that I am just feeling it out, so I later added my reserve.  Lesson learned.

If the truck doesn't sell I am not going to go through the hassle of relisting it, but that does not mean I still wouldn't be open to selling it, if anyone on here is interested let me know...$6,500 really is my absolute bottom line otherwise I will be loosing money and I hate loosing money, especially on a deal I don't need to do, but will still be willing to sell it for reasons stated.  We will see what happens.

If it doesnt sell and anyone on here is interested shoot me an email at crf136n@gmail.com or phone at 775-351-five eight eight nine. 

-James

I would have given ya $6500 until I saw those horrible scratches on the door.  Deal breaker.  

Haha, always something...I just can't win :rotf:   can't say I don't say in the ebay ad it has scratches and dings!  Its 24 year old paint on a truck...unfortuantely the original owner didnt see the truck being in the situation it is today, so a little nik-and-ding here and there unfortunately wasnt at the top his concern :(  

No doubt the truck is as I described it in the OP, a fine specimen and a real survivor.  The community spoke. 

In truth, $6500 isn't unrealistic.  Hope you get your number, and I hope whoever buys it appreciates it. 

Well, congratulations to Eric in Canada as the proud owner of a fine little mj...if your on here, if not I will be sure he knows about the club.  Spoke with him earlier today and he seems like a really good guy so I am convinced this truck is going to a good home.  Sellers remorse has set in though :cry:   I'll be back someday, just no room for a Comanche in my life right now.