Factory Rims?

those are nice, very clean and not that bad for a price either, still way cheaper than ebay

Those Tubines are CLEAN but ouch to the price.

The 10-hole wheels with faux-studs are my favorite. :) I had a set with bad finish that I used as winter wheels before I picked up some powdercoated Gamblers for winter duty.

10 hole as in the eliminator rims right?

still lookin for my last turbine rim, got 235/75/R15s put on my MJ saturday and found out my spare is slightly warped, enough to notice on the balance machine, but not bad enough to notice on the roads, i've checked ebay but aint got the hundreds, any place that could have em cheap other than the junkyards cause i've keeped em too,

Redwolf

You need ONE turbine rim? I have one I'll send you if you pay the shipping. It came on one of the XJs or MJs I picked up, and had been painted, and then painted again over the paint. As an experiment, I had a guy remove the paint using baking soda blasting. The aluminum is now pristine, but slightly "frosty." What it needs to look near perfect is a bit of time with some VERY FINE emery cloth or wet/dry sandpaper, polishing the faces of the spokes and the outer flat at the wheel weight rim.

Hit me with a PM if you're interested.

lookin new aint an issue, i got one that's so badly covered in break dust that it looks rusted, but i'll shoot ya a PM about it later today when things setle down, i'm bout to head out for the junkyard again with my dad for a power steerin gear box,

Redwolf

Pretty sure all Eliminators came factory with the 10 hole bead locks unless someone requested otherwise probably. Both my '88 (first year for the Eliminator and those wheels which could only be gotten with the Eliminator package) and my '91 came with them. That's also all I've ever seen on Eliminators unless someone swapped them out, which is crazy since IMO they are second only to the turbines as far as MJ wheels go. There are some other 10 hole wheels without the bead lock look that were not Eliminator wheels but upgrade alloy wheels for certain years and some Pacers that look very close to the non-Eliminator ones.

Non-Eliminator 10 holes:

Notice it is the exact same wheel, just no bead lock look around the edge. Not an Eliminator wheel, just an alloy upgrade option.

• 5 years later...

One detail I noticed on my white Styled Sport wheels from 1987, which I believe are still in original paint, was that they actually had a black (approx 5-6 mm) pinstripe line that went around the entire wheel from the valve stem cap location. I had never noticed this detail before, and I believe my wheels are factory original, never touched.  I'll try to upload close up photos...and will keep my eye out for low mileage Jeeps that have these wheels fitted to confirm this detail on other Jeeps.

5 hours ago, rynoshark said:

One detail I noticed on my white Styled Sport wheels from 1987, which I believe are still in original paint, was that they actually had a black (approx 5-6 mm) pinstripe line that went around the entire wheel from the valve stem cap location. I had never noticed this detail before, and I believe my wheels are factory original, never touched.  I'll try to upload close up photos...and will keep my eye out for low mileage Jeeps that have these wheels fitted to confirm this detail on other Jeeps.

No need -- you are correct. The factory white wagon wheels had a pinstripe.

BTW -- You do realize that this thread is over 5 years old, right?

Yes, Eagle, I know it is 5 years old, but it is the most authoritative thread on ComancheClub about the original wheels, so figured it was the best place to document.

Thanks for confirming!  Does anyone know the paint color code for the factory white wagon wheels (aka Styled Sport wheels)?

I'm not convinced any thread that RedWolf started should be considered authoritative. Maybe that's just me. 

This guy's built a pretty decent catalogue, however: http://colorado4wheel.com/images/jeepwheels/wheelsindex.html

There are a few XJ wheels the MJ didn't get, but I'm pretty confident the only MJ-specific wheel is the Eliminator 10-hole with the "rivets". The XJ variant of that wheel was smooth, no rivets. The linked database interestingly has the Eliminator wheel pictured, but not the plain XJ variant. 

• 11 months later...