Easy “Cold Air” Air Box Mod

My fire breathing 28 year old 2.5 liter engine demands air.....so I gave it easy access to it.......The MJ Loves it.  . :MJ 1: .

Come back in another 12 Days and tell us how more spark is bad....and how running higher octane clean fuel is detrimental.....maybe how having the correct air pressure in your tires is a bad thing or changing your oil is unnecessary....... :yes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I've done is the old school Xj airbox mods to my Mj (remove restrictor from lid and that stupid blend door up front) then added a drop in K&N filter. Works great. As for Hydrolocking, you'd have to be a major idiot to be blasting deep water enough to ingest it. There, I said it seeing as no one else will. Yes, You're an IDIOT if you blast deep water holes to take water over the hood.

This is coming from an engineer and ASE mechanic.

All I've done is the old school Xj airbox mods to my Mj (remove restrictor from lid and that stupid blend door up front) then added a drop in K&N filter. Works great. As for Hydrolocking, you'd have to be a major idiot to be blasting deep water enough to ingest it. There, I said it seeing as no one else will. Yes, You're an IDIOT if you blast deep water holes to take water over the hood.

:thumbsup:

Maybe Incommando could do us all a favor.....(if he actually has a jeep on the road)..... and post a pic of his mj air intake.....it of course is unaltered and totally factory, baffle door intact and operational.....cuz that is all he would need.  :thumbsup:

Maybe we can all learn from the master..... :bowdown:

Proof that book learnin' and "certifications" mean little without common sense. I provided examples of water situations that did not require "blasting" anything. I guess your claimed education did not prepare you to think for yourself if you can't imagine such scenarios for yourself. Typical. And an "engineer" who runs k&N's especially on a jeep... just makes me chuckle. Proof that catchy ads fool the gullible. Maybe you are the "engineer" who designed that Tornado?

Maybe Incommando could do us all a favor.....(if he actually has a jeep on the road)..... and post a pic of his mj air intake.....it of course is unaltered and totally factory, baffle door intact and operational.....cuz that is all he would need.  :thumbsup:

Maybe we can all learn from the master..... :bowdown:

I have posted pics of my jeep on and off the road. No posers here. Goof. And a jealous goof at that. If you ever grow a pair maybe you can take your jeep off road. Who am I kidding? That isn't going to happen.

Why the insults and jabs!? Someone has an idea, some like it, some don't, DEAL WITH IT!! Arguing about it just pisses people off, doesn't do anything else constructive. If you don't like the mod, WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT THIS THREAD!!??? Geeze, grow up out of diapers, people!!

Jerry

Proof that book learnin' and "certifications" mean little without common sense. I provided examples of water situations that did not require "blasting" anything. I guess your claimed education did not prepare you to think for yourself if you can't imagine such scenarios for yourself. Typical. And an "engineer" who runs k&N's especially on a jeep... just makes me chuckle. Proof that catchy ads fool the gullible. Maybe you are the "engineer" who designed that Tornado?

I did not insult you so be a man and act like one.

As for my K&N, I live on dirt roads and cleaning it is a convenience. I did not buy for power.

I did not come here to argue with you nor will I bow down to you either. The only way you will ruin that filter in a stock airbox is to irresponsibility blast a water crossing or take water over the hood. I live in the Everglades so have far more experience with water as you would have more experience in rocks/trails then me.

IMO, your job is to help the members instead of attack. If you don't like someone's lift or mods, don't run them and don't put it down. Its not your rig so don't worry.

So take this with a grain of salt, step back and chill out.

I did not insult you so be a man and act like one.

As for my K&N, I live on dirt roads and cleaning it is a convenience. I did not buy for power.

I did not come here to argue with you nor will I bow down to you either. The only way you will ruin that filter in a stock airbox is to irresponsibility blast a water crossing or take water over the hood. I live in the Everglades so have far more experience with water as you would have more experience in rocks/trails then me.

IMO, your job is to help the members instead of attack. If you don't like someone's lift or mods, don't run them and don't put it down. Its not your rig so don't worry.

So take this with a grain of salt, step back and chill out.

Exactly!!

Jerry