:drool: dana 60 NOS front axle....

I saw one for $350 on the computer and it was at a local U-pull 'yard!! I practically ran out the door that instant and drove all the way out to the 'yard only to find that the guys don't seem to ever update the computer and the truck was long gone. :(

I got my 60 and 14 boltwith everything and in useable condition delivered for a lil over 1200, but I have seen them go for as lil as 600, but it didnt last long at that price.

I'm suprised there's no dummies selling blown engine/run down dodge trucks for cheapcheap... i'd slap my jeep axles under that to make it a rolling chassis, and use it's axles.

i cuold get some MOGs in the truck (installed) for 1200 prolly, guy wants em outta his shop. and loves my jeep :brows:

Tell me where the Mogs are at.. I wil buy them for that.

DC is right... lots of times you can find whole trucks for les then the price of axles individually.

For me it was just easier to pay the dude the price, and have them delivered to my door from New Jersey

Dunno, tried that with coilovers before. Got em for $50 for the set, and since I didn't have their history, no one would give me anything for em. I wasn't into fabbing suspension like I am now, so they went to the trash and I was out fifty bucks.

I will check em out. Wouldn't mind me a boat anchor in the front of a truck if I'm getting that big of a break.

Anybody in the area need one?

freerock, wish i were in the area...I'd buy a set of front and rear for sure. sadly I'm not. I'm CERTAIN that you will be able to make a profit off of them, just inspect them, tell what the results of the inspection were, and that you don't know their history. people will bid regardless because a dana 60 is ideal for wheeling...

Make sure they are a d60 and not the ford d50, or the dodge d61. Rear axles go for around 200 bucks in my neck of the woods, and front vary on price and gearing.

Matter of fact looked in the local classifieds, there was a guy selling a M1008 with a bad motor for a grand.... that would give you d60; and 14 bolt, a turbo 400 and a t-case, along with some other junk to dispose of

Make sure they are a d60 and not the ford d50, or the dodge d61. Rear axles go for around 200 bucks in my neck of the woods, and front vary on price and gearing.

For both, look on the top of the casting in the centre section - in one of the ribs by the pinion. It will be labelled 'D50' 'D60' 'D61' etc. (normally)

D50s would be a good axle if they had aftermarket support. I looked into bucking one down and retubing the short side to make a HP rear axle. Unfortunatly you'd be stuck with D44 sized shafts unless you want to get very custom with the machining.

D61s can work for some ratios as the aftermarket offers gearsets/shims/carriers to deal with the offset problem. They're still a PITA and should only be taken if cheap - look into the problems with them before buying one.