Track Bar Opinions

x2 on the RK bomb proof. ive ran it for about two years now (6.5 lift) with zero issues. its made from solid steel unlike hollow tube ones. it comes with a new drop bracket thats beefy as hell and all the bolts of course. you have to drill out the axle side for the bigger bolt to fit but thats no biggie. just remember to lock tight those bolts! and i mean every one on there

Iron Rock Offroad Double Shear Track Bar - Strong, comes with the drop bracket, solid steel, and the cheapest at $190. I just installed this a few nights ago and I am impressed with the quality of the product for it being the one of the cheapest track bars available.

http://ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-STBCK&Category_Code=PFX

Iron Rock Offroad Double Shear Track Bar - Strong, comes with the drop bracket, solid steel, and the cheapest at $190. I just installed this a few nights ago and I am impressed with the quality of the product for it being the one of the cheapest track bars available.

http://ironrockoffro...tegory_Code=PFX

x2 :thumbsup:

Both are probably fine, but there's a couple of differences. The IRO uses rubber bushings at both ends. It would be fine but it would allow for more side to side sway than either a stock bar or the RK bar which uses a Hiem Joint at the frame end.

Also the IRO mount lowers the frame end of the track bar 3/4" according to their site. RK's website doesn't say anything about lowering the frame mounting point. Anyway, since you've got everything UTK in a stock configuration, you'd need a ZJ ptiman arm if you decide to go with the IRO bar.

With the RK arm, you'll be replacing the hiem every year or so. When I called them about replacing my worn out hiem, they didn't offer to warranty it as their life time "bomb proof" warranty states. I paid for another one anyway.

http://ironrockoffro...tegory_Code=PFX

NO!

I bought one for Sparkles. IIRC the lower end uses a 7/16" bolt, which is a bit larger than the stock 10mm one. This is good. Drill out the hole to the correct size, and if it had been wallowed out that will be fixed at the same time, BUT

The upper end uses a 12mm bolt, but the holes in the bracket are 13mm. This allows the upper end to move around. NOT GOOD!

I drilled out the 12mm bushing to 1/2" and used a 1/2" bolt to partly fix this (can still move around some, but only about half as much as the 12mm one), and am debating on going to 9/16" or 14mm. Both of which require redrilling the bracket which requires taking it off the truck again. Not looking forward to that.

NO!

I bought one for Sparkles. IIRC the lower end uses a 7/16" bolt, which is a bit larger than the stock 10mm one. This is good. Drill out the hole to the correct size, and if it had been wallowed out that will be fixed at the same time, BUT

The upper end uses a 12mm bolt, but the holes in the bracket are 13mm. This allows the upper end to move around. NOT GOOD!

I drilled out the 12mm bushing to 1/2" and used a 1/2" bolt to partly fix this (can still move around some, but only about half as much as the 12mm one), and am debating on going to 9/16" or 14mm. Both of which require redrilling the bracket which requires taking it off the truck again. Not looking forward to that.

The 7/16" bolt fits perfectly into the D30 I tossed underneath from a 1997 XJ. The 12mm bolt fit nicely into the bracket without wobbling.