Moab Pow Wow 2013: Sept. 13-15!!

johnny quest

25 members have voted

1. 1. when could you make a trip to Moab happen?

• May 2013
    • June 2013
    • July 2013
    • August 2013
    • September 2013
    • not this year :(

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna bump this up to the top before setting a date in stone. the 'slower' weekends in september are looking to be the 13-15th, and then the 20th to 22nd; is anyone strongly in favor of one over the other? if not, we can just flip a coin  :thumbsup:

i still say the 20th, mainly because its another paycheck hitting the bank on that friday

also, who the hell is voting? its like just a few of us actually talking it up about it but i guess we're not all post whores :typing:

Me, Cherokee-chief and about 25 other people were friends with are going this Friday. We try to go to Rausch at least 4 times a year. Should be making a trip to MAbell in the coming months. As for the date it doesn't matter to me, I'll probably miss 2 weeks of school and 2 weeks of work but hey I work 50 other weeks out of the year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

headin down to Moab in 3 days!! unfortunately the Chief isnt quite ready to hit the trails, but Jackson (our TJ) is up for the challenge. We'll be heading down thursday afternoon, maybe running a trail that evening, and then running trails all day friday, and all day saturday, maybe even a trail sunday morning. At night, we're gonna sit on main street and watch the classic cars strut their stuff up and down main street, since its Moab Car Show weekend; saturday night, the local cop are a bit more lenient on how much horsepower is used while stopped at the red lights ;) 

• 1 month later...

Here I sat, fat dumb and happy with the little white beast achieving a "stage1" status (daily driver capable). Looking forward to a summer of air conditioning and planning "stage2" (lift, gears, lockers, tires yada yada yada). Then I find this thread and Moab being the ultimate goal for the little beast, there goes my relaxing summer. Time to catch a couple o gears and get to work again.

Count me in.

O the little beast,

91 short bed 4x4, ax15, 4.0

Only rust is far has been under a strip of body moulding but that went away when I cut the lower rear quarter to make room for the bumper.

I'll see what I can do to fit this trip in. Is anyone planning on going down early or staying longer? I have been to Moab enough to know 3 days is not gonna do it for me. Its 17 hour drive each way so I would stay at least a week, maybe 2. Anyone that might be up for staying longer let me know, I will want to hit some tougher trails (upper hellderado, green day, prichett, etc)

As for the mix of rigs, not a problem...we can have a ton of fun on trails that a stock MJ can run. There will be a couple by passes taken by those rigs but still plenty to play on for the more built rigs. It will be a great time, make for some great MJ pics and we should have no issues sitting doing repairs all day if everyone stays within there vehicles limits.

Cheers.

its a 21hr drive for me. I'm still planning on making it and ill probably leave out on the 7th or around then. be there all week, then leave on sunday.

I'm willing to try the hard stuff but ill have to agree with keeping it within your trucks limits. (which we should all know). being held up in a line or on the side of a trail for an hour/hours sucks the big one.

13 hours for me.  Will most likely stay only 3 days. Would be nice to meet up with others along the route getting there.  I pass through El Paso & Albequerque for instance.

Looks like I will cross I-10, I-20, and I40...from South to North.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a question... I'm not going to know if I can make it until the very last minute (long story blah, blah).

So; if I show up in my Comanche with a tent, will it be a problem finding a camp spot for two days?  (just me).

probably not. the campground that i usually camp at is usually pretty layed back about extra people in campsites. Last trip down, we had 3 rigs and 6 people in on campsite, and they didnt give us any trouble.

which brings up another question for people:

who here has already made camping arrangements? and who still needs to do so? I will (hopefully) be getting a spot in the Canyonlands Campground, which is right in town on main street.