Moab Pow Wow 2013: Sept. 13-15!!

johnny quest

25 members have voted

1. 1. when could you make a trip to Moab happen?

• May 2013
    • June 2013
    • July 2013
    • August 2013
    • September 2013
    • not this year :(

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not be able to make this trip. Just to many other things going with Family/other wheeling trips/birthdays and the fact I am pinching pennys so to keep the MJ and buy a capable 4 seat wheeler for the kids.

I'm really sad to miss this MJ run!!!

you will be missed. whenever you do make it down this way, hit me up

I will not be able to make this trip. Just to many other things going with Family/other wheeling trips/birthdays and the fact I am pinching pennys so to keep the MJ and buy a capable 4 seat wheeler for the kids.

well @#$% that sucks. you know everybody wanted to check out your MJ

probably not. the campground that i usually camp at is usually pretty layed back about extra people in campsites. Last trip down, we had 3 rigs and 6 people in on campsite, and they didnt give us any trouble.

which brings up another question for people:

who here has already made camping arrangements? and who still needs to do so? I will (hopefully) be getting a spot in the Canyonlands Campground, which is right in town on main street.

no arrangements for me yet. i really wish there was a way to park my truck and trailer somewhere and just camp out on the side of trail when we're done for the day. that would be awesome. there shouldnt be a problem getting a spot though right? er wait, wasnt Sep a busy @$$ month out there. so should we book early?

i would. better safe than sorry. anywhere in town is about 10 minutes max from anywhere else in town. I suggest meetups occur at the market on main street each morning, prob around 8am? we can figure out details, but it allows people to stay at different spots, and we won't need the buddy system

SEPTEMBER is NOT a busy month in Moab. .  We usually go just before Labor day and only see a occasional rig on the trails that are right in town (usually just the tour jeeps/hummers) Once you get away from Hells/Potato salad hill/ Moab rim trails you will probably not see anyone. One thing to keep in mind is that if you have cooling issues you MUST attend to them before you go. I ran Pritchet Canyon on Sept 18th one year and it was 116 degrees. So just a FYI to anyone that has any overheating issues......FIX IT!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...