Maura Gets A Facelift. 1990 4X4

seriosuly nice, been subscribed to this for a while now, so what size lift you pushin on maura?

4.5" up front. 1.5" to 2" in the rear.  It has about 1" rake in the front still, but that is the way I want it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could gloss black them, make them blacked out, but like really shinny, might look good, I'm personally gonna just black out my rims, and my truck and do camo parts on it to make it nice for my liking. but I'm not sure how those would look any of those ways... you could get some black tape or something and cover them, and see what you think, and if you hate it just pull the tape and your good.

Hey, you asked for an opinion, right?

Do not black out the Turbines! Clean and polish would be my first choice. However, if the wheels are real pitted and rough I would simply clean them up and paint or powder coat them silver.

I'm with zach on this one sorry, the black would look good in my opinion, but i mean its up to you man, I'm not really a chrome or polished kinda guy... but your decision man, i would just recommend like taping em up or something so you can see both ways then decide.

I'm with zacK on this one sorry, the black would look good in my opinion, but i mean its up to you man, I'm not really a chrome or polished kinda guy... but your decision man, i would just recommend like taping em up or something so you can see both ways then decide.

:hmm:

IMO I would go black 100%. Polished looks good, but I think black 'fits' your truck

REALLY REALLY nice polished up rims:

That actually looks really good it's similar to what jeep marine was talking about...I like the look

I think he just meant put tape all over it, paint it with a bs coat, if you like it take it off and really paint if not take it off and no harm no foul. But I'm not really sure. I was confused on that post every time he said it. lol

your right zach, that is what i meant, sorry, was hard to explain for me too, I'm more of a action or show you what i mean person instead of type or say... sorry, but that does look good, but again I'm not a shiny kinda man, i like solid black, but again, just me lol

I'm not a shiny kinda man, i like solid black, but again, just me lol

You better get used to being a shiny kind of man!!!  Them boots gotta be Purdy and shiny for the corps. :thumbsup:

I think I will go with the look as in the last picture I posted. Wasn't sure at first, but now I am. I still will have a couple of chrome emblems and such, so it will fit in. Unless someone knows where to get black vinyl letters that match all the MJ emblems and badges...

any vinyl shop could make them, just google it lol, and the boots don't get shiny, the shoes do, dress uniforms are shined polished and prepped, combat uniforms are pressed and centered, no shine, lol. just thought id let you know, and thats different btw, cause the shoes ill be shining for the marines will be black still, not chrome or shiny silver, thats what i meant by my post lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered fender flares today. Napiers textured ones. Going to order some U-Pol Raptor bedliner and hopefully get back on to the build. Been mostly working on the shop addition lately. Added on 240 s.f. , so plenty of room now. 

Couple of updates.

My fender flares came in the mail, so I hope to get them installed soon.

I installed a set of 31" x 10.5 tires on some steel (9") rims. I wanted to give them a try to see how i liked the new height. I was also curious about how the 3.07 gears would fare.

I drove 200 miles, on both mountainous and flat roads. I was able to drive 80-85 in fifth gear with no lack of power on the straights, but on any uphills, fourth works best. The tires are a used set that a friend gave me, so no money lost if i decide to go with 30's. I didn't have them balanced before the trip, and that proved to be a very bad gamble. I got DW at over 80 mph according to my gps. Not a good feeling. :eek:

I think the heavier steel rims have a lot to do with the DW. I also feel it was induced by the tires not being balanced. I'm sure the tired ball joints and tie rod ends contributed also, but I never had it happen even once untill the 31's went on.

It would be nice to swap my factory aluminum rims on and then balance the tires, and see what happens then.