Noob Here W/an 87 Comanche

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll need to host it on a site like photobucket, then copy that addy, click the pic icon (small greenish square right above the text box), and paste the addy in the pop up box. :thumbsup:

which should i copy? img or html? tried both and they only posted the link to photobucket. any way, thanks for converting it. so, this is my new ride. pick her up monday. paid 1600.

please chime in and let me know what i have. she drips nothing, 4x4 works fine, no engine noises, taps, interior is 8.5 of 10 and no rust anywhere. how dependable are these 2.5's in 4x4 if you get a good one thats been well maintained?

different sites have different ways to somehow make life easier with their auto scripts and whatnot. I simply get the image I want to use on the screen, right click, and click "copy image location". paste that into the popup box here. :D easy-cheesy

ya that is an awesome little truck. id like to see some more pics. it's an excellent example. it looks like it has all the best options. i'm not a fan of those mirrors but for some reason i think they often came with a package that included the excellent and valuable dana 44 rear end.

ya that is an awesome little truck. id like to see some more pics. it's an excellent example. it looks like it has all the best options. i'm not a fan of those mirrors but for some reason i think they often came with a package that included the excellent and valuable dana 44 rear end.

how can i tell if it's a dana 44? are there markings?

Look at the diff housing. The D35 is round and shaped like an oval. The D44 is more irregular shaped. There's a chart floating around here somewhere. If you can't figure it out, get a picture of the diff and we'll identify it. :thumbsup:

it's a comanche larado. what was the larado designation for? option package?? the interior is plad cloth, no rips or tares. i am really supprised at the condition of the interior. taking posession monday or tuesday and i'll get a ton of pics up. i'm gona want to put some kind of a cover on the back. not a cap but a soft or even a hindged hard cover. any recomendations? for some reason i'm drawn to older vehicles. my present ride is a 1986 bme 325es that is the love of my life. any of you guys into the e30 scene?

still having trouble posting pics. i can paste in the img or html codes but just get the link and not a pic. i'm using photo bucket. can someone help me out.

The Laredo was an option package, yes. Short bed bed dimensions are 72 by 55 1/8 inches. An S10 or Ford Ranger bed is close enough that camper shells at least should fit between them. Not sure about bed covers but I'd be willing to bet they'd work.

I use imgur.com for all of my pictures. It does all of the code stuff for you.

Beautiful BMW, by the way. Always liked how they looked.

The Laredo was an option package, yes. Short bed bed dimensions are 72 by 55 1/8 inches. An S10 or Ford Ranger bed is close enough that camper shells at least should fit between them. Not sure about bed covers but I'd be willing to bet they'd work.

I use imgur.com for all of my pictures. It does all of the code stuff for you.

Beautiful BMW, by the way. Always liked how they looked.

it's a full size bed, 8ft. can you put these trucks in 4 wheel on the fly or do you have to stop? i'm new to the 4x4 truck scene. well back in the day, dad had a 73 f250 that was quite the build but that was a long time ago. if is ask stupid questions, please feel free to flame me ( in gest of course) warning, i do shoot back.lol

"To engage, shift the transfer case lever from 2H to 4H while the vehicle is moving at any legal speed"

4L position: " To engage, slow the vehicle to 2-3 MPH , shift the transmission to Neutral, then shift the

transfer lever to the right and pull firmly rearward to 4L".

Straight out of the manual. The only stupid question is one that isn't asked. Apologizing for asking questions is actually against the rules! :thumbsup: