Replacement Floater Assembly

Hey guys. I'm looking at a Comanche right now, that seems pretty nice. But theres one problem that I'd like to figure out before I purchased it. The guy said that the gas gauge doesnt work, and that its the floater assembly. But he couldnt find any replacement assemblys for it. Do you guys know of how to resolve this? I'd like to know as fast as possible.

Thanks.

Knucklehead97

It's an 89'. But I havnt bought it. I'm probably going to get it next weekend if the guy still has it, but I couldnt make it up there today. He said all it is is the floater won't float, is there anyway to rig this? By building your own float and attaching it to the assembly?

It's an 89'. But I havnt bought it. I'm probably going to get it next weekend if the guy still has it, but I couldnt make it up there today. He said all it is is the floater won't float, is there anyway to rig this? By building your own float and attaching it to the assembly?

If the float won't float, and that's the only problem, easy fix. If the sending unit is bad, that's a different story. And BTW, it is called a float, not a floater. Those are found in your toilet bowl after an incomplete flush.