Jeep Comanche Roof Basket....

hi, I have a 91 jeep comanche converted all the way to 2000 jeep comanche... it has all the front clip, doors, interiors, computer, wires, tailights, etc, you guys know, itwas converted the whole deal. Seats are from a 2007 Chrylser Crossfire... not direct bolt on but they do fit.

I have the jeep cherokee roof rack on the comanche. It was cut to fit, and it does look really good... will try to upload some pictures tomorrow...

however I am debating on putting a roof basket... I have seen some ford rangers with it and I do like them, but I have not seen any on a jeep comanche.

has anyone tried to do one or bought one.

I have searched the forums but have not find any topic on it...

Yeah I know, they are expensive, i was lucky enough that the guy that sold me the truck ordered them a week before and he had already paid for installation so i got them with the truck...

here are some night picks, could not resist to show off some pride after a year long of working on it... the bad thing is that I don't have pics of the process.

you can see the seats in one of the pictures they are very similar to the jeep cherokee ones in shape only.

you can barely see the rack, so that is what I am debating a roof basket, or either more lights on top, or I don't know... I guess I have the feeling of doing something to it after doing too many things to it for a long time... lol....

for interiors you guys know the deal... agate dashboard, center console, doors, trim, etc... and the seats as you see are the crossfire ones... just like these ones

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-Chrysler-Crossfire-black-gray-leather-heated-power-seats-/271091632628?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1e5209f4&vxp=mtr

ill post more day pics tomorrow.

I'm so glad u posted this. I saw a roof rack on a Chev truck build on Spike's "Search & Restore" and it looked awesome! Always wondered what one would look like on a MJ. I say go for it! And please post many day pics!

thanks everyone.... the cross pieces don't move too much... I will have to do one backwards so that they spread out but I didn't like the look of them by itself, with the rack I might turn it around. i was going to use it as a light bar but then decided not to put that many lights. I might put some on the A pillars thou.

the tailights were done on the paint shop, its just a matter of finding a way to fit that part of the cherokee on it and a little bit of steel here and there and it will work, it shouldn't be that hard if you are good with metal and other materials... I am not a welder so I left that to the experts, other than that, everything that was bolted, screwed, glued, etc. I could do.

that harbor freight cargo could do the job with some modifications to make it look good.

here are some more pics...

this is what makes the bass...

one more from 3/4 view

thanks everyone... you are correct Rymanrph the tailights were done together with the front clip mods... what I did after wa the complete renovation of interiors, engine bay, sound system, exhaust system, doors, front and back bumpers, bedliner, and much more accesories that I can recall right now... btw congrats on your 97 MJ build.... thats a great green mean machine there, I realliy like the color combination and the rims...

another thing to coffman... I went with the roof rack since I don't have a roll bar like Rymanrph... that was the look I wanted but really hard to find rollbars down here on the south... or at least like the one he has... I could only build it and I just went with what I had and faster way and I really like the look of it and left it that way... I was thinking of getting a roll bar couple of months ago... but just decided it will be redundant and it was adifferent one that took too much space on the bed.

I am just debating right now where to put a spare tire....I have a 17' rubicon wheel with the KM tire that will not fit underneath... thats why I wanted to maybe run a cargo basket but I don't know now... Center of gravity might go up too much... lol .....