Winter Storms... I Love Em

500 MJ

So today Michigan Tech cancelled class for the first time in 20 yrs, thanks the blizzard we had last night.

Last night, I went to a friends to do some homework and as I was driving home I got a call from my roomates. They had gone drift busting and gotten two trucks stuck around 9:15. It was now 11:00. So I went home and loaded the MJ up with shovels, a high-lift and some sand and waited till another truck showed up which had my one roomate in it. (Scott) hiked out and met up with his friend in this truck and they ran into town to get me and get some gas. The other guys were still out in the crew cab of Scott's '05 Chevy 2500 and had given up on getting the '91 Ford Ranger unstuck.

So we set out to go get them for the first time at around 11:45. We had to do about 5mph the whole way there because we could not see the road. Once we arrived and started driving back on the gravel road that the trucks were buried in, we started to get stuck ourselves. I would like to mention at this point that the other truck on the rescue mission was a F-250 which I did have to tug out to get him back to safety... I Love My MJ!

Well, we were going no where fast so we decided to come back and get some sleds and ride them out and have a truck waiting to pick up the guys out there to bring them home with. So we came back home and grabbed two sleds, I got my other roomates crew-cab F-150 and we set back out again...

The sleds made it out just fine and we got the guys back no problem. After spending 5 hours in the truck they were happy to see us. We thought we were home free. Wrong!

On the drive back out, I drove the F-150 off the road a tad bit, but after 15 mins of everyone pushing we were able to get it out and finally get home @ 3:00... So the two trucks sat out in the middle of the road all night and were rescued with the aid of the snowplow, a wrecker and a $120 towing fee for each one early this morning. I guess a news crew followed the plow out to them and the guys will be on the news tonight, can't wait to see it...

I have no pics of any trucks stuck, the snow drifts piled higher and higher as the night drew on and no one wanted to take the time to snap some pics.

I did get a shot of the MJ last night after we got back and one again this morning. The drifts here at the house were nothing, but I guess Scott had snow in his engine compartment this morning and a drift up to his passenger side window. It made for one heck of a night.

I Had Fun!

2460890_33_full.jpg

And yes, thats the 2500 that was stuck sitting next to the MJ after he got it back this morning...

2460890_32_full.jpg

We got 6 inches here in the Eastside (very near Microsoft and Seattle, which got NONE!) Sun came out in the AM and melted most off (I can't get my van to start and I want to go to the swapmeet next sunday! WAAAAH!)

the mj is stuck in the drive way so i thought i would take the XJ out and get get around yeah i got around right into the middle of the 4 lanes. I reached down put it into 4 wheel drive and drove off like nothing happen.

the mj is stuck in the drive way so i thought i would take the XJ out and get get around yeah i got around right into the middle of the 4 lanes. I reached down put it into 4 wheel drive and drove off like nothing happen.

I.... Kindve... get what you said.. lol

Man, these threads make me LOVE Florida!!

Still sounds like an awesome night!!

What's the reason people don't melt the snow down w/torches, under the frame or whatnot?! Will ice before it gets away? What?

Probably because a torch would likely cook your paint too. The best cure for a snow/ice covered rig is a heated garage. Wish I had one of those...

Snow is probably my favorite medium for 4wheeling. Simply trails become challenging, familiar trails become new and interesting, the snow is easy to clean up, completely stock rigs can enjoy it, etc.