ok i know that there is a ton of questions on lifts on here and ive looked threw alot of them but none of them answered my question specificly. so i have a 86 mj 2.5 5spd and I'm not looking for a huge lift just enough to fit 30" tires. I'm not gonna be doing any real offroading i just wanted some extra height for snow in the winter and driving around the field on the farm and while hunting. ive looked at alot of options and i just can't decide what would be the best for me. so the first option i found would be 2in spacers up front and shackles in rear either chevy drop shackles adjustable ones from iron man i think or some 2inch shackles for a xj from various places wich should give me 1.5inch lift right? the next one would be 2inch coild, rustys mabey? and shackles in the rear still...or the pucks and a aal....or coils and add a leaf....so many options and price ranges!!!! also with 30" tires do i need to do different lca i hear ones from a wj work good with small lifts for they have a curve in them...if i the coild do i need to extend my bump stops? can i do 30x9.5x15 on stock wheels...do i need to extend brake lines, sway bar ends or whatever...i don't want my ride F-ED up and I'm not going rock crawling or anything just something to give me better performace at the farm when hunting and driving around the field and driving to school in the winter time....yes this is my DD I'm a high school student so my budget is limited...sorry if ive repeated anything or something i just need some advice lol

There were 31's on stock rims with nothing else done to my Jeep when I bought it and it had the boat anchor V6 in it. It would rub on sharp turns but didn't effect anything else.

As for the coil spacers, I have them on the front of my '86 now to level her out from the SOA and have no issues with them. If you plan on lifting it (either with pucks or coils), make sure you get longer shocks to accommodate them. You might also need to get a little longer sway bar links and track bar to keep everything working how it was designed to.

i have a 86 mj 2.5 5spd and I'm not looking for a huge lift just enough to fit 30" tires.

You can run up to 31x10.50s on factory rimes with no lift. Put on your 30" tires and drive it -- save your money for something you need.

so i could probly go 31s if i really wanted to :banana: !!!! would you say pucks or coils???

Neither. Don't lift it. Not needed. Once you lift it, you start needing other parts. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

alright guys thanks so much for all the advice i think I'm just gonna do 30s or 31s and if they rub up front ill do a small puck like an inch mabey

If you run them on factory Jeep rims, the only place they will rub is the trailing inside shoulder of the tire will rub against the lower control arm when the steering is cranked all the way over to full lock.

A LIFT WILL NOT ALLEVIATE THIS. Either you don't turn the steering wheel to full lock ... or you shim the steering stop, which does the same thing but with a physical impediment.

If you run them on factory Jeep rims, the only place they will rub is the trailing inside shoulder of the tire will rub against the lower control arm when the steering is cranked all the way over to full lock.

A LIFT WILL NOT ALLEVIATE THIS. Either you don't turn the steering wheel to full lock ... or you shim the steering stop, which does the same thing but with a physical impediment.

Will WJ LCA prevent the rubbing like that?

For about 1/3 less you could buy the spacers and Chevy shackles from Autozone and have them delivered to your door for free. I also do not believe you will get 1.5" of lift from those shackles, probably closer to 1/2-1".

Plus the shackles aren't that annoying gold color ;)

For about 1/3 less you could buy the spacers and Chevy shackles from Autozone and have them delivered to your door for free. I also do not believe you will get 1.5" of lift from those shackles, probably closer to 1/2-1".

you just made my decision!! thank you everyone!!!!! :bowdown:

I got that and a 3" lift from rustys , it will go on in the next few weeks, it should give me a 4-5" total , I have done this before and worked very well, I was able to run 33's on 10" wheels with

No rubbing!!, so I'm doing the same to Kona.