MJ - Off Road V2 Fender Flares

We're new here but gonna jump right in the middle of things. We've been on the XJ forums for awhile with our Napier Precision Products - V2 fender flares and wanted to let the Comanche Club community know about the MJ/2Dr XJ fender flares that're just coming out.

All the feedback we get from guys running our fender flares tell us that they'll take a lot of abuse. So, we finally got around to making a video. It's our first effort and before we were done we were already talking about ways to improve it and ideas for other videos.

We didn't think about showing how the fender flares looked after being smashed into a tree almost a dozen times. The edge was scuffed some but most of the marks that show in the video wiped right off.

* This tree was in an area that was being cleared by the landowner and we had his permission to mangle this tree. "No trees were hurt in the making of this video." LOL

Hope you enjoy, Doug

Napier Precision Products

Do they work on the LWB MJ? The gas filler door on the long box is really close to the flare. The shorties are centered on the bed side and pose no problem with any flares used. The long beds on the other hand are a whole different story.

here is what I am talking about,

Long Box

29198210001_large.jpg

Short Box

Photo4.jpg

As you can see real estate is limited on the long bed.

I was hoping Napier would come out with this set soon! I destroyed every single one of my aluminum mounting brackets for the stock flares and do no want to pay the dealer in excess of $300 for the 1997+ mounts to keep the stock flares.

Do they work on the LWB MJ? The gas filler door on the long box is really close to the flare. The shorties are centered on the bed side and pose no problem with any flares used. The long beds on the other hand are a whole different story......

I'd be surprised if these fender flares work on the long bed as close as the gas filler door is to the OEM fender flare. We don't have access to a long bed at all. I'm trying to think of a way to reference the location based on our fender flares. The center line of the axle is about the only thing that gives a reference point but that wouldn't be too accurate. Any suggestions?

you guys ever think about doing ZJ flares?

BW's are awful looking. your smaller profile and cleaner looking flares would look good on a zj

Thanks for the compliment on the looks of our fender flares. ZJ flares are certainly not out of the question. Right now the schedule is full just keeping up with XJ & MJ fender flares but thanks for the thought.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

15% off for Comanche Club Users (Limited Time Offer)

On any purchase over $70 get 15% off by using the discount code:

Comanche

at the end of the checkout process on the Napier Precision Products Website.

I am just not willing to gamble on $500 that they fit a long box. The BWs do fit but you have to slide the drivers side back to clear the filler door.

I love the look of the flares but I am not willing to hack up my truck for a set of flares that might fit.

I am just not willing to gamble on $500 that they fit a long box. The BWs do fit but you have to slide the drivers side back to clear the filler door.

I love the look of the flares but I am not willing to hack up my truck for a set of flares that might fit.

Does the door open forward or backwards? If it opens backwards it would be fine.

I really have no idea which way they open. Never had to do that yet.

Forwards.

The BWs, when installed correctly, cover the bottom edge of the filler door. You either have to chop up your flare or slide it back to clear.

Neither one is a viable option on my son's truck. This will be his DD/show rig/Tow rig for the Shelby once he turns 16.

Gotta agree with you on that. We are working on getting an answer to this question but it will still be a bit.

How much trimming is required on the rear wheel well for our comanche?

Good question. I have not personally installed a set of our fender flares on a Comanche. On the XJ it's a couple of inches of additional clearance. Basically maxes out the rear wheel well. Let me email a couple of the guys that have installed these on the MJ.

Thanks, Doug

• 3 weeks later...

If you would like to send me just the drivers side rear flare I would fit check it on my long bed. That way if it does not fit I will have no use for it. If it does you get confirmation that it does and I will either have to buy a complete set or repair the damage to my truck by cutting it to fit. Most likely I will be buying a set if they do fit.

I really like the look of them but need to see them on a long box first.

Bo

• 3 weeks later...

If you would like to send me just the drivers side rear flare I would fit check it on my long bed. That way if it does not fit I will have no use for it. If it does you get confirmation that it does and I will either have to buy a complete set or repair the damage to my truck by cutting it to fit. Most likely I will be buying a set if they do fit.

I really like the look of them but need to see them on a long box first.

Bo

Hey Bo, actually testing to see if it'd fit doesn't require modifying sheet metal. PM me or email if you want to talk: jdougn@napierprecisionproducts.com

We're pleased to let you guys know that the prices on all of our fender flares have been lowered, a lot! Plus, the discount code, COMANCHE, is still on too! Check our website for the details.

• 3 weeks later...

You could but, I won't.

I have emailed Doug and may have a definitive answer in a few days for all the long box guys out there.

We sent a paper template of the rear fender flare to Shelbyluvv. Based on his analysis our fender flares should fit the LWB MJ. Still not 100% positive but initially looks good.

COMANCHE Discount code is still active!

Flat Flares are available on our website. These haven't been tested on an MJ.

More pictures of the Red XJ with Flat Flares: Napier Precision Flat Flares - Photobucket.

What's your poison.....

Car, "I can out run you any day of the week!"

Jeep, "You pick the distance, I'll pick the location."