need some cj info

sinnaevd

why do you need pics of the two? those are easy to tell apart seeing as how the cj-8 was the scrambler and the 7 was just the newest bad@$$ cj that was out. i use to know of a site though, i will try to find it but who knows if i have it saved anymore. you can try over at http://www.ifsja.org since they have nothing but full size jeeps.

Alex

lol

thanks guys

what i am looking for is the difference between years of CJ7's

and i am also looking for the difference between CJ8's.

Or are the body style's all the same? as in the front ends, lights etc.

cj7 is the last CJ jeep. CJ 8 is a crossbreed between a J-truck and CJ. = CJ with a bed.

the CJ7 is a 'jeep jeep' the jeep everyone knows.

lol

thanks guys what i am looking for is the difference between years of CJ7's and i am also looking for the difference between CJ8's.

Or are the body style's all the same? as in the front ends, lights etc.

I have both, a CJ7 and CJ8. Just about every thing on the 7 can be used on the 8, and vice-versa. Main differences through the years would be in the drivetrain - the engine/trans options and the axle width. The last year of the CJ's (86) could have the wide track D44 rear. The difference in the CJ8 is the lenght of the frame(extra body mounts also), the rear fenders flares, the tub(door pin back), the roll bar, and maybe a few more I can't think of right now. The grill, front fenders, seats, lights, blah blah - same - you will have to be more specific. Try here, www.cj-8.com, for more information on the Scramblers. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions, Rich

hmmm maybe i am reading what u guys are telling me wrong but i don't think ive worded my question right just yet lol

what is difference from 76 (?) to 86 for the CJ7? is it the same jeep (minus drivetrain differences). like are all body and dash components the same? the jeep would not stay stock for long so I'm not so worried about drivetrain and axle options

any frame strength differences throughout the years?

CJ8 also demand ridiculous prices... I have seen basket case with a good VIN tag and title seel for 1500 cause some one wanted a title to one.... Most fo the differences between the early and late model CJ's were cosmetic and emisions equipment. Some also had wide trac axles, and engine choices varied.

Now I'm going to REALLY mess you up! Here's a CJ10 for you!

Image Not Found

Diesel motor no less!

Image Not Found

actually there was an even better but more rare cj-10. had a truck bed on it and could pull anything. if i could find one in as good of shape as the one in those pics with the truck bed i would get it.

Alex