The Wyomanche

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I can't recall the last time I saw a can of Mich Golden Light. Cheers and good work!

Midwest/Great Lakes beer only. I have only seen it in MN, WI, ND, and UP.

It does the job.

I got the ARB fixed in the rear axle today, and the gears set up again by a more experienced Jeeper. That was the big hold up in the project. Now to find time to work on the thing! Have a wheeling event this weekend. Hopefully next week I can get a day to work!

• 4 months later...

These next photos where taken just after my big transmission debacle. When I swapped in the AX15, I bought all clutch parts for a 97 XJ. Flywheel too. Well wouldn't you know... The truck wouldn't start.. Dummy. In the meantime I discover nasty white oil and a ball bearing ball stuck to the drain plug in the ax15. Not a happy time... So I went on a hunt for a different trans and ordered a correct Renix flywheel. I lucked out and found a nv3550 out of a 00 TJ to use. So now that's installed. Also had a custom rear shaft built by Driveline Specialties in Duluth, MN.

Rustys Offroad HD x member and a Daystar 1.5" drop trans mount

Driveshaft and IRO HNT SYE installed. Curious why they didn't use a CV end at the driveshaft shop.... They knew the application, intended use.. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

Trimmed the fenders the standard way. Cut and fold in the rear and just cutting in the front removing the factory inner fenders. I tried to figure out a way to reuse the stock inner fenders but to no avail. So I went shopping for some swim noodles at the end of November in MN. As luck would have it, I found some.

Painted and glued in with construction adhesive. I also used the same adhesive on the rear fenders where I folded the material over. Keeps the tabs where they are supposed to be and also keeping the dirt out from behind them promoting rust.

Rear

Working on wrapping up some of the last things to get the truck on the road. I've had rear lighting issues since I've owned this truck.. Found this mess in the fuse box.

Great build man!

I wanted to ask if you have any pics to the clearance of the trans tunnel? Or did you have to do any modding?

Also, did you keep the wrangler clocking with the transfer case or did you reclock?

Yes. Being the clocking is different on the wrangler transmission, the tunnel took a little modification. With a hammer. Not a big deal at all. No picture taking needed. Just beat the metal till it's clearanced. No rocket science! The seat was a b*@$£ it get back in after but I made do. The t case clocked up is better then down!

Great build man!

I wanted to ask if you have any pics to the clearance of the trans tunnel? Or did you have to do any modding?

Also, did you keep the wrangler clocking with the transfer case or did you reclock?

Yes. Being the clocking is different on the wrangler transmission, the tunnel took a little modification. With a hammer. Not a big deal at all. No picture taking needed. Just beat the metal till it's clearanced. No rocket science! The seat was a b*@$£ it get back in after but I made do. The t case clocked up is better then down!
Your right about that!

But how are we talking for the hammering? A lot?

Sorry...I just don't want to do a lot of something that idk what I'm doing....you know...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just read through the whole thing, love the project! I keep seeing parts and swaps I really want to do. I'm looking at the CrownHD steering right now. Congrats on MJ of the month too!

Ha! I posted in your build about the Crown steering. Best price I found was 4wheelparts of all places. (When I bought mine)

Lots has happened but I'm waiting for more to happen then I'll update. Gonna be a big week hopefully!