The Wyomanche

Got the front clip back together. Rampage headlights and a Neohicbuilt front bumper. Drool worthy fo' sho!

Neohicbuilt? That some kind of new, up-and-coming bumper manufacturer?  :hmm:

That front end looks really good! All those little time consuming detail work stuff really makes a huge difference... I should probably finish that stuff on my '88.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the front clip back together. Rampage headlights and a Neohicbuilt front bumper. Drool worthy fo' sho!

Neohicbuilt? That some kind of new, up-and-coming bumper manufacturer? :hmm:

That front end looks really good! All those little time consuming detail work stuff really makes a huge difference... I should probably finish that stuff on my '88.

I wish it was! I love your bumpers. If you produced them I'd buy one.

Anyways nice MJ man and long live the black interior. I know how careful you have to be with the black. Seems almost impossible to get replacements.

... another new project...

You getting project hungry or do you just miss your old '89? I was the same way when you took the gray '88... holding onto parts and things thinking "Yeah, I'll use this some day!". The hoarder mentality was taking over! Don't get too over crowded that you don't know where to start!... but do tell about this new project.  :popcorn:

Are you going to trim the front fenders to match the new bumper? Still thinking about the flat fender flares?

Yes. Those fender flares are not cheap though! I will trim the fenders after I get the flares so it should look correct. My tires will rub I believe so there will be some more trimming then just even with the bottom of the headlights.

A 87 2-door XJ followed me home today. I'll take pics to show tomorrow. It's badass.

never noticed that two doors had the lil back windows before.. my 84 didn't I know...

It was a rare option I believe. Buddy of mine had a 84 2-door that did not have back windows that open.

• 2 months later...

Time for a MJ update.

Fixed up floors, partially.

Before

After

Used a small bit of POR15. Nasty stuff! But I'm impressed how it works and lays down.

Steering. Bought Crown HD steering. Figured for 225 with stabilizer, it wasn't a bad deal.

New vs old

Installed, (don't mind the disaster in the background)

Shocks! Just for the front for now. I gotta flex this thing out to correctly measure for rears. Bilstein 5100.

Still planning to completely paint the interior floor. Hammered black just like everything else. I also picked up some doors from the junkyard finally. Have new lock cylinders to put in and window wipes. Also got replacement weather stripping. Going to start putting interior back in maybe later this week along with body and paint work on the new to me doors, tailgate, cowl piece.... That's it! Thank god.

Brakes are last on the list for now. Gotta redo a bunch of stuff. New wiper motor needs to be put in yet too... Lol piddly crap.

Also picked up a AX15 finally! Might have a trans shop run through it to make sure all is well. Gotta find a t case and order a HD x member too.

That's it for today!

Odds and ends...

Fuel door back on. Had to drill out one bolt so I drilled both out and used grade 8 bolts to attach it. Anytime I'm replacing a bolt, grade 8 gets the nod.

Cleaned (fml) prepped and bed lined the I interior floor. Need to buy one more can then i will be done.

And a shot of the junkyard door off a 94 XJ that will be used for the drivers door. Needs a little body work and new window wipes and lock cylinders. Then paint obviously.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got a few hours to mess with this thing.

Main part of dash in. Everything hooked up.

I'm having trouble finding all the hardware to put it back together. It was a long time ago when I pulled the dash.. I'm planning on swinging down to the junkyard to get some more hardware maybe next week.

I also swapped the Moabs for some ICONS. What do you guys think? I will get some 31" or 32" tall tires on them eventually.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow I left it up in the air didn't I?!

Well.. At the swap I picked up a AX15 out of a 97 TJ to install. Got a couple transfer cases also and that's about it.

In the last week I have dropped a bunch of cash to get this project off the ground again.

Bought a set, D30 and C8.25, with 4.56 gears and ARB air lockers. The 30 has big boy shafts, and Iron Rock Sleeves also. The 8.25 needs new air seals for the ARB, disc brakes, (have parts) and new axle seals.

ARB bull bar with new m8000.

Rear shocks (not 5100 due to back order)

Exhaust

Brake lines

New adjustable upper and lower HD control arms

Also talked to a friend of mine today and we mutually agreed I need a cage in this jeep. So that will coming up too!

It will be locked f&r on 17" JK Rubicons, clean cut flares, ARB with with new winch, cage tied into unibody all on 32" mud terrains. Planning EJS next spring. But DD status soon hopefully!!

If I get time I'll post some pics. That's what everyone wants to see anyway! The doors are back on the truck and painted. That was a few months ago... Arrrg. Life has gotten in the way something fierce on this project and other jeeps have came and went......it's time to get the MJ DONEish!!

I have another jeep truck I wanna get cracking on!

....it's time to get the MJ DONEish!!

I have another jeep truck I wanna get cracking on!

Preachin' to the choir.  :thwak: Need to find a home for that fancy front bumper that's currently on the truck if you're switching to the ARB?

There's no bumper on the front. It was bartered away. Last I seen it was on CL for $200.

This truck will be on its third or fourth front bumper and now it's 4th rear axle since I started...

There's no bumper on the front. It was bartered away. Last I seen it was on CL for $200.

Only $200?!  :eek: I suppose, technically it's used.  :D Still have the rear bumper?