should i be really worried about my shattered back window ?

ive been looking with the search but inconclusive. - tonight i had a piece of firewood shatter the piece that is right behind the driver, (glass all over :( ). its late and i just got in - and of course its saturday - nothing open tomorrow.

will a glass place be able to just get me one and put it in ? -its a stock unit. what would you do? thanks in advance, shawn.

if the glass is flat they can prob cut one and install but they will have to pull the whole window. It glues in like a windshild, the rubber you see is just for looks. It is not made anymore, but there is a how to on removing without damage. If you can't find one I do have one but I would worry about breaking it in shipping

A shop won't cut tempered glass for you, but they will cut laminated glass to size. Laminated is just like what the windsheild is made of, and is still considered to be a saftey material. If you can't find a used one this might be a good option for you. I had new laminated glass cut by a shop for my 59 VW microbus windsheild. No big deal.

thank you gentlemen :cheers: that gives me some hope. this is on my daily driver. - ( my only driver, these days) so I'm anxious to see what the glass place has to say about it come monday.

living on an isolated part of the coast means i can't just drive over to the next town or city for services like these, and ferry fares have just about priced the average person out of the market.

The problem is -- if it's a factory slider, the glass is NOT flat. It's curved, and that means it needs a factory replacement ... which is not available. I have two factory sliders that have busted glass, and even my friends in the glass business haven't found a source.