Shock absorber size for SOA, 4wd.com

All I'm needing to complete my lift is longer break lines, shocks, and a pit man arm.

I was looking on 4wd.com for shocks but I don't know what size to get.

I'm doing the SOA size of lift. Isnt that 5.5" lift?

4wd.com doesn't go buy the lift size you have it goes buy the length the shock travels???

Which I have no idea how big of a shock a 5.5" shock is.

They have pro-comp shocks for $29,

or buy one of there "supper shocking deals", which brand would you go with?

It all depends on how you mount the shocks so shock length varies from one rig to another.

As stated the best way is to install the lift without shocks and then flex it out,then you can figure out exactly what shocks you need.

Some 4x4 shops have an RTI ramp that you can use,at the shop we do it with a forklift.

I'm sure they don't go by lift size because people run different size tires. if you know anybody with a forklift just use that to lift up the corners of your truck. and i would stay away from the cheapo shocks, had procom es9000 on mine then threw on some bilesteine 5125's and noticed quite a nice difference. I'm sure youll want to extend you bumpstops so you don't cave your fenders in or tear up your tires. when its flexed out on the RTI ramp or forklift that would be a good time to measure what youll need.

Just keep in mind that is with the shocks in the factory location hanging below the axle. If you move the mounts like most people do you will need shorter shocks.

YEah, i will. When I get SYE, ill have my friend make new custom mounts. Ive seen the rear shocks go diagonal like a X