Project Silver and Black

The MJ will only get better with time.  A set of black wheels, rockers and bushwacker fenders are next.

Additional upgrades:  Monstaline the bed, set up a baja style spare tire carrier, undercoat the undercarriage, install new carpet / headliner / seats, CAI.

That's all for now. :cheers:

Stay tuned.......... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that truck need black wheels..... now get a set of rock rings cut... weld them to the inside lip of your wheels and paint them body color..... or like one guy on here did he just painted the outside edge of his rims..... regardless this is on my list for top 5 comanches on the planet..... make that top 3....

I always thought that truck need black wheels..... now get a set of rock rings cut... weld them to the inside lip of your wheels and paint them body color..... or like one guy on here did he just painted the outside edge of his rims..... regardless this is on my list for top 5 comanches on the planet..... make that top 3....

Not a bad idea... A set or rockers will also help.

I helped work on that truck.... I'm the one who talked him into doing those tail lights.  I've only seen pics of them and always wanted a set, but I'd just knock them out on the trail so I talked him into doing a set so I'd get to see them in person.  Pics don't do them justice..... you can do interior and front clip but it's still going to look dated in the rear until you get a set of these.  I also like how he recessed the license plate in the rear bumper and added an LED light. Glad someone on the board bought this truck......

Where did you find these lights or how did you make them work? I have one of my lights coming apart and thought that XJ lights would work(those are XJ lights right?) I like the look of them and just wondering how I could make it work on my MJ

Time to properly do the interior (rust everywhere).

Stripped interior, removed old carpet (new carpet will be installed).

New head liner installed and roof treated for rust

New carpet

New carpet cut and fitted

Chassy saver and bedliner has been ordered and will be sprayed on the floor boards before I can permanently install the new carpet.  Stay tuned... :)

Here is the website where I got the carpet from: http://www.stockinteriors.com
It's worth paying the extra money for the molded carpet and extra padding. The carpet looked almost identical to OEM, thickness, padding and all.

These are the coil springs that I used for my 89: http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-coils-xj-4-5-front.html

Thanks, i am trying to level mine up after the SOA and wasn't sure if the 5.5"s would be too much. Yours has a nice stance. How did the Monstaliner work out for you? Are you pleased with the product?

Thanks, i am trying to level mine up after the SOA and wasn't sure if the 5.5"s would be too much. Yours has a nice stance. How did the Monstaliner work out for you? Are you pleased with the product?

The Monstaliner will have to wait until the weather gets warmer, it will be applied to the bed only.  Pics will follow.